Author Topic: Owon SDS7102E LAN problems  (Read 1182 times)

Offline JohnCCTopic starter

Owon SDS7102E LAN problems
« on: May 12, 2018, 05:32:48 am »
Hi all. I bought an Owon SDS7102E a few weeks ago, and I'm quite satisfied with the hardware. The firmware is something else though. At the moment, the main issue I have is talking to the scope over Ethernet.

The PC interface manual really only describes USB. The LAN is only mentioned in the line 'that's the same as USB'. The main issue seems to be that there is no real handshake protocol. Which seems to result is quite a few headaches if the commands are sent too fast. I can execute about 85% of the commands in the SCPI manual, but I have to be *very* careful not to send the commands too fast. Also, I have to take care that the commands don't accumulate in the OS buffer - and concatenate. This is perfectly legal in TCP, but confuses the 'scope no end. I've tried adding ';' command separators, as per the SCPI standard, but the scope doesn't like the semicolons at all. The firmware even crashed a couple of times, disabling everything.

Does anyone have any experience using the LAN with the sds7102? Or even just suggestions?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf