Author Topic: PC software for Agilent/Keysight PXT E6621A  (Read 1275 times)

Offline andre_pTopic starter

PC software for Agilent/Keysight PXT E6621A
« on: December 03, 2018, 09:27:45 pm »
Hey,
I am looking for PC software for the above-mentioned device, an Agilent/Keysight PXT E6621A. Unfortunately, the device is discontinued and Keysight support is unable/unwilling to issue a license for the software. Specifically, I am looking into the PC message logging software as well as into the VNA (89600B VSA Software) and LTE conformance testing software (option N6072A and others). Any pointer would be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Andre

Offline tmbinc

• Frequent Contributor
Re: PC software for Agilent/Keysight PXT E6621A
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 11:32:44 pm »
I only have the standard software for the device (Version 6.5.1.3?), and you probably have seen FixE6621A.zip. I also don't have the PC message logging software, and at some point I started to reverse-engineer the UDP protocol but didn't get very far. It seems there's extensive parsing involved to get this into the Wireshark format that's for example used on the E7515A.

Support for the E6621A was dropped in a certain 89600B  version unfortunately.  :( And of course it required to run this "translator app" which I also never had.

Sorry - can't really help you, but I'd be very curious if you can find anything.

Offline andre_pTopic starter

Re: PC software for Agilent/Keysight PXT E6621A
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 03:58:48 pm »
Yeah, I also have Version 6.5.1.3 installed on the device. I didn't know about the FixE6621A.zip but looks like it's only needed if its in an unusable. Mine is working fine so far. Yeah, having the UXM logging working, i.e. the WIreshark disector would be good but I don't think its straightforward. The disector is open-source though. But I'd prefer to just use the test equipment and develop the device under test instead of developing the tester first. We keep looking then I suppose ..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf