Author Topic: Philips PM 5138 A service manual needed  (Read 17250 times)

Offline ciasteczkowypotwor

• Contributor
Re: Philips PM 5138 A service manual needed
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 10:45:11 am »
Hello,
I need service manual for PM5138, or PM5139, do you have share it?

Offline UnelmaTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2015, 07:48:09 pm »
Hello,
I need service manual for PM5138, or PM5139, do you have share it?

If anyone wants the manual, send me pm (email address) and i will mail it to you.

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2015, 11:10:10 am »
If anyone wants the manual, send me pm (email address) and i will mail it to you.

Upload manuals here then everyone can have it http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2015, 05:45:24 pm »

Upload failed hmmm... i try tomorrow. I see you are looking BGA Machine info. I think i can help with that.

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2016, 11:31:22 pm »

Upload failed hmmm... i try tomorrow. I see you are looking BGA Machine info. I think i can help with that.

I did see that old thread of yours bumped so I'll be rereading it soon in case I missed anything, if you can offer any specific advice in my BGA thread on please do.

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2016, 11:28:16 am »

Offline Jetecnet

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2017, 01:00:36 am »
Hello

Here is the service manual: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bz2YjD98U6Tfbmd1SmJQdUdqams

As the vendor of the PM5138A manual I would like to ask you to reconsider your actions in freely posting a manual purchased from me for only $10. This is a problem for all suppliers of manuals some which can cost hundreds of dollars. The motivation to copy manuals is not only financial gain but to have this information archived where it would normally be lost. I have many manuals which I have not bothered copying because of the manual parasites and well intentioned buyers posting them to free sites. You will find on sites like this people asking for manuals, posing as genuine requests but they are also just harvesting manuals for their own sites. Please do not repost purchased copyright manuals, it is against the terms of use on this site. Thank you.

Offline edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2017, 03:43:41 am »
As the vendor of the PM5138A manual I would like to ask you to reconsider your actions in freely posting a manual purchased from me for only $10.
Fair enough.

Please do not repost purchased copyright manuals, it is against the terms of use on this site. Thank you.
Maybe not so fair.  What terms of use do you claim the poster of the link is violating?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:42:27 am by edavid »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2017, 03:44:47 am »
Hello

Here is the service manual: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bz2YjD98U6Tfbmd1SmJQdUdqams

As the vendor of the PM5138A manual I would like to ask you to reconsider your actions in freely posting a manual purchased from me for only $10. This is a problem for all suppliers of manuals some which can cost hundreds of dollars. The motivation to copy manuals is not only financial gain but to have this information archived where it would normally be lost. I have many manuals which I have not bothered copying because of the manual parasites and well intentioned buyers posting them to free sites. You will find on sites like this people asking for manuals, posing as genuine requests but they are also just harvesting manuals for their own sites. Please do not repost purchased copyright manuals, it is against the terms of use on this site. Thank you.
Welcome to the forum.

As one that in the past has had to scour the world for manuals I see both sides of the fence and more in particular the modern way of mirroring online content to ensure it continues to be available. Guys like you do provide a good service albeit one that should be provided by the manufacturer in the first place, especially if they are still in existence and whether they've been swallowed up by another company of not.
I've found manuals in recent times that were impossible to find online just a few years ago, then uploaded them to another site for prosperity. Since then that particular manual must have bred and is now available from many sites.

This is an electronic forum with many members that can't afford other than older test equipment for which reliability is now questionable, but it gets them into the hobby and they get plenty of support here. We're even building our own database of links to manual sources and we'd be quite happy if you can offer any links free manuals you can share and provide links here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/repair-documents-and-links-sticky-me-please-mods/

Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2017, 04:39:38 am »
As the vendor of the PM5138A manual I would like to ask you to reconsider your actions in freely posting a manual purchased from me for only $10.
Fair enough.

Please do not repost purchased copyright manuals, it is against the terms of use on this site. Thank you.
Maybe not so fair.  What terms of use do you claim the poster of link is violating?
FYI, he's watermarked it too.  :(
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2017, 08:25:20 am »
I'm confused, guy buys a manual for hundreds of sollars and sells copies for $10 a pot. um isn't that copyright infringment ? Please explain to me how this works, I can't take action until I know wjhat is ging on.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2017, 12:17:10 pm »
Obviously this manual has a Copyright sign and "All rights reserved" text printed on it.
So technically you are only allowed to sell this original manual and do not multiply it by copying or making a pdf out of it.
Fluke probably does not care about a manual from 1994 but nevertheless it probably not legal to sell a pdf copy for $ 10
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2017, 07:35:33 pm »
Again post freely distributed manuals to a website such as http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/

If you are unsure if the manual is allowed to be freely distributed check with the manufacturer first. If you have never spoken to a manufacturer, as a general rule about 99% of them are happy to send out service material for free to anyone that asks. This is why we don't have Fluke, HP and Tektronix constantly coming into the forums waving their arms.

Note that ko4bb complies with take down requests from the copyright owner. Scanning or reselling something (at least in my country) does not imply some form of ownership over the work, or control in it's distribution.

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2017, 08:44:19 pm »
If you buy a paper manual that is copyright by the manufacturer scan it and upload it for free or for sale (worse if for sale) you have infringed copyright so we seem to have the pot calling the kettle black.

Sent from my phone so mind the autocorrect.

Offline giannisv

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2017, 07:13:27 am »
I am looking for FLUKE/PHILIPS PM5138A service manual. suddenly the output voltage is 400mV and does not change. Thank you.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2017, 09:00:01 am »
Welcome to the forum, giannisv

The service manual can be found on the ko4bb site:
http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline giannisv

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 02:41:00 pm »
?hanks for the suggestion but it does not have it. Vielen Danke!

Offline acecase

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2019, 01:07:38 am »
Did anyone ever find a copy of this service manual? I've managed to find the operation manual (owner's manual) at http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/ and a few other places, but can't find a service manual anywhere.

I'm not sure where the legal discussion landed, but I don't think Fluke/Philips is going to care at this point, and I doubt anyone else has a right to.

I had a non-functional one given to me. There is no way I could afford one of these things, so it would be great if I could get it going, but I'm not sure where to start. It powers up, and the display backlight comes on, but it doesn't appear to boot up. I suspect the processor, or a chip with the firmware on it is poof, but it could be something simple.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf