Author Topic: Hantek....?? Please i still need Help My Oscilloscope Trigger & Noise.????  (Read 6533 times)

Offline Dean2Topic starter

• Contributor
  • !
 HI friends... :D I am new and glad to be here...i hope i can share knowledge here..... :-+ 

I do Automotive repairs also i am a member of iATN forum for 5 years..  so i brought my first PC Scope Hantek 6074BE  ..Please help me  its seems It has lots of problems... :-BROKE

Please watch the videos below and Help me....  it has unusual Jumping trigger and it go crazy here is the the Video--

1)

2)  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwE1gGI6FUtwS3NjZkxjSmxDM1Rvb29VQWhDYnhna3NRMEV3/view
Please download above and unzip it then Click on Crazy trigger.htm 1KB file it will Play on your web browser...

when nothing connected some channels show random Noise  so i cant use Amp Clamp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WecXZ9YeRGHhPzOnGRC_HK52jQ43ENnD/view
Please download above and unzip it then Click on  Random noise 3.htm 1KB file it will Play on your web browser..
(I Guarantee that no Viruses or  spywares in above links)

Please Watch the videos of my scope and tell me your opinion... Is this scope defective...? please i need your opinion ...? :-//

Thanks in Advance..

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:48:16 am by Dean2 »

The following users thanked this post: kosacid

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
Re: Please Help My Oscilloscope Trigger..?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 04:50:52 pm »
After all that.
It looks like the trigger might be set to Auto instead of Normal.
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

The following users thanked this post: Dean2

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 04:57:14 pm »
Hi thanks for your reply i tried normal mode but it still jittering & jumping no change  :phew:

Did you watch my second video which shows peculiar noise therefor it cant be used with Amp Clamp.. :o

Do you thing this is defective scope..

Thank you again..

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 05:12:36 pm »
In this Video https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwE1gGI6FUtwS3NjZkxjSmxDM1Rvb29VQWhDYnhna3NRMEV3/view

I connected  scope Channel 2 with Amp Clamp which is on ignition coil and it draws about 6A....in the video i change Vertical Voltage Div/V and then Vmax Changes.. :wtf:  Total Current Value should not change with  Voltage Div/V Knob  :-//

Thanks..

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 05:53:38 pm »
I connected  scope Channel 2 with Amp Clamp which is on ignition coil and it draws about 6A....in the video i change Vertical Voltage Div/V and then Vmax Changes.. :wtf:  Total Current Value should not change with  Voltage Div/V Knob  :-//

During the times that the full amplitude of the current is visible on screen, the Max. ~6A current value looks about right to me.

During the times when the CH1 large pulse is in the wrong X position, there's a small noise pulse right under the correct X trigger position, there might be a noise filter in the trigger settings somewhere to make it ignore the small pulses.

I don't know what the random noise is doing. Probably the way to test the scope itself is with NO probes, the pp noise on all 4 channels should be about the same.

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 06:07:11 pm »
Please see my second video which is above .... When nothing is connected i see random noise on some scope channels...except channel 3  :-//  if i short scope channel to a ground nothing happens.if i move with it  no change....

Yes may be trigger is going crazy due to Noise...

:-// :-// :-// :-// :-// :-// :-// :-// :-// :-// :-//
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 06:10:19 pm by Dean2 »

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 06:15:41 pm »
CH 3 looks like its coupling is set to GND instead of DC or AC, or it's  :-BROKE

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 12:30:44 am »
Hi Buddy CH3  is coupled to DC 5V Div/V  See the picture below

since this is my first pc oscilloscope brought from Alie i need to know if this scope is Good or Bad  asap... because i need to open a dispute...  :box::scared:

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
Re: Please Help My Oscilloscope Trigger Hantek 6074BE
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 12:39:26 am »
"CH3  is coupled to DC 5V Div/V  See the picture below"

I'd seen that, I don't know any more about these things, but CH 3 looks  :-BROKE then.

Having the scope's name in the subject title might attract some Hantek users, you can edit the first post's title.

• Contributor
  • !
Re: Hantek....?? Please Help My Oscilloscope Trigger..????
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 12:48:58 am »
Hi Thanks.. Are you still awake ...? Doing night shift...?  but anyway i need to know whats going on with my Noise and Trigger.. :wtf:.? :-//  Do i have to send it back..? :-// :-//

Different channels does show different voltages   :-- :-- :-// :-// :-//
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:54:24 am by Dean2 »

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
"Are you still awake ...? Doing night shift..."

01:45 Mid-weekend here.

"i need to know whats going on with my Noise and Trigger"

Any clean safe test signals to test each channel and the triggering on? I don't even know if them things have their own square wave calibration signal.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:51:58 am by StillTrying »

• Contributor
  • !
Hi yes it was Connected to a car...when nothing connected some channels show random Noise  so i cant use Amp Clamp
Please download above and unzip it then Click on  Random noise 3.htm 1KB file it will Play on your web browser..
(I Guarantee that no Viruses or  spywares in above links)

Thanks..

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Dean2
I got your PM about this product I know little about so all I can offer is to ensure the firmware is the latest version.
Further, when triggering is unstable and settings are apparently correct, examine the period of the 'triggered on' signal and add some trigger holdoff to ensure you do not trigger again until the next event.
Sometimes a 'Single' trigger setting is enough to get the detail/info you need.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline TMM

• Frequent Contributor
A running 4 stroke engine presents an extremely noisy (electrical noise) environment, mainly due to the ignition system firing. I would not be surprised to see some noise spikes with the oscilloscope sitting in the engine bay, especially with scope probes plugged in but not connected to anything or even without a probe/cable connected to a channel. An unconnected or incorrectly connected probe can act as an antenna and pick up noise. Even with nothing connected to the BNC jack, some noise will still couple in to the input. Ensure that you have the ground clip for each probe connected to a suitable location to minimise ground loops which will pick up magnetic fields. Locate the oscilloscope as far away from sources of noise (e.g. coil pack, ignition wires, battery cables) as is practical. Inevitably you will need to leverage the trigger functionality to reject any noise which remains to achieve a stable trigger (trigger hold off, HF noise rejection option, etc).

The only way to know if the scope is defective is to test it by a controlled measurement setup. Trying to measure signal off a running engine is clearly an uncontrolled setup unless you have another oscilloscope to compare.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:28:06 am by TMM »

• Contributor
  • !
Hi I"ve created youtube video to explain Other issues please watch and reply  https://youtu.be/TBekYlAaqa8

What do you think...?

Thank you..
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 08:56:38 am by Dean2 »

Offline kosacid

• Contributor
i have the same problem the trigger drifting and not showing on the screen, i have tried everything its not the scope the one shot works every time as for normal or auto its shit its the software, your scope is fine but they need to work on the software its disappointing to the max, as for the X-Y format omg that is a epic fail i use mine for metal detectors and trying to do phase shift it is imposable you just get random dots lol, but just for damping a coil its hard when the trigger is jumping around and going of screen epic fail
ok rant over just waiting on better software  |O

• Contributor
  • !

Take Look at this video it crazy ...https://youtu.be/lblcbQzKcbc  :-BROKE :-BROKE :-BROKE :-BROKE :-BROKE

Dear Kosacid... it seems yes it has software & HW issue because when its not connected channels read phantom values.. :rant:

Do you have the same scope.. Do you know about time tested better Hantek Product..? Do u know about this..? Hantek DSO3104..? :-// :-//

thanks..
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:01:39 am by Dean2 »

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
Hi Dean2
I also received your PM but unfortunately I don't have any experience of the Hantek.

I would also have blamed the electrically noisy environment, although it does seem to be advertised as an automotive scope (and with isolated channels). From your [EDIT: latest previous] video (away from the engine compartment) it does look like a scope problem... and one that kosacid has also seen - it does look like a software problem in that case (he is probably your best source of help at this point as he knows the scope). It sounds as if it works in singe trigger mode so that is worth trying if that is practical.

The only other random thought that I have:  Is your tablet able to supply enough current to power it over USB? You could try it on a desktop too and see if you see the same behavior (as your latest video).

A software problem is probably still grounds for returning it (for refund rather than replacement obviously) if that is an option.

I just tried a google search of eevblog and it pulled up one fairly recent hack / teardown thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek6074bc-hack-to-250mhz/ I don't know if  any of the posters there can help?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:23:45 am by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Offline kosacid

• Contributor
https://youtu.be/zeJcEX8607c
mines is a 6022BE here is a example of the problem seems its a all round problem but i still think it is software but not hardware, other software i have tested so far hasent got the same options its very basic eg BasicScope mine is not automotive related still the same problem  :-+
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:42:14 pm by kosacid »

• Contributor
  • !
In below youtube channels 2 Guys have been using Hantek Automotive scope without issues...they might not speak English i want to know about their  Hantek scope and also their opinions..  Can Anybody contact them for me...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnCujmf5UZS62oQNKOYBF2Q/videos

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in Advance..
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:36:46 pm by Dean2 »

• Contributor
  • !
Look at the triggering of  this Hantek PC Scope

Its seems its working good..?  :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:    or is it..?  it seems model is  Hantek 3064 ...? correct me if i am wrong..?

Thanks..

Offline Smokey

• Super Contributor
  • Not An Expert
I got a PM too.  Not sure what the criteria was for sending out PMs on this one.  I don't have that scope so I can't help much. 
All I can offer is a general equipment troubleshooting method, which is to get a known good signal and display that.  A function generator is the thing you need, but any signal which you know is working should be good.  That way you can see if the equipment is working or not.  If that works as a first pass, try to figure out what you are doing differently in the special case where things are not working.  Different ground configuration or something? 

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
Hi Dean2, welcome to EEvblog forum, but please be advice that it's not nice to send PM (Personal Message) in order to make people solve your problem.

For the future, just use the forum like everybody else does, and don't abuse the PM.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf