Author Topic: PM100 Voltec IEEE488 Fail  (Read 1097 times)

Offline DiamanteTopic starter

PM100 Voltec IEEE488 Fail
« on: April 20, 2018, 06:12:29 pm »
Hello everyone

I'm new in the forum
and I would need your help:
I have a voltech PM100 power analyzer inserted into an automatic desk and interfaced via IEEE488.
Unfortunately, due to the time spent around 30 years, the eprom on the IEEE488 interface card has been deleted.
In fact, the tool works but no longer responds to GPIB commands.
Voltech technical support replied that it can not help me having been given its IP to Tektronix
I have seen a lot of discussions about the PM100 instrument and I ask some owner of this tool to send me the eprom file of IEEE488 interface, on my tool labeled with IEEE488 1.04J.
To all, however, I advise you to back up your memory before you remain on foot as the undersigned.

my best regards

Offline ky56

Re: PM100 Voltec IEEE488 Fail
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 01:37:54 pm »
Hey I don't suppose you have found a copy of the image of the EPROM because I have the exact same issue and I'm also new to the forum. I believe that my EPROM is damaged because all but 4 bytes are programmed (all the rest show as FF). Two of them are at address 0 and 1 and the other two are further down. Could you confirm if this is what your EPROM looks like as well?

Offline Monolith

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 06:47:30 am »
Hi,

i made a backup of U42 (ST M27C256B Eprom) the last time i opened the unit. U42 has a sticker on it with "FRENCH AA80"
Attached the binary of U42. Hope it helps!

kind regards

Mono

Offline Monolith

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 07:04:58 am »
Sorry, you can't use the eprom backup form my last post. It's U42 from the mainboard. I misunderstood your initial request. I don't have a GPIB addon module installed. Sorry can't help you but probably others can benefit from this backup. I hope someone else with a GPIB addon module equipped in his/her PM100 can do a backup for you.

kind regards

Mono 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf