Author Topic: Problem with MS8240D multimeter  (Read 3039 times)

Offline sigmaTopic starter

Problem with MS8240D multimeter
« on: August 25, 2014, 05:05:10 pm »
Hi,

i have a mastech ms8240d multimeter . i bought it about 1 month ago..

my problem is when i turn on it for first time , auto power off (APO) flag not appear on LCD and therefore apo timer is not work !

if i turn off the multimeter and then turn on it again (restart), it's ok and apo flag will be appeared.  |O

another problem is when this problem occurred, sometimes the backlight will be turned on ............ :-// :palm:

the problem is why the apo is not actived for the first start ?!? this is a bug for ES51922 chip ? ???

thanks for your answer,,,,

Offline sigmaTopic starter

Re: Problem with MS8240D multimeter
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 06:09:00 pm »
any idea ?

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 06:18:04 pm »
IMHO, Mastech is one of the lower quality meters and I am never surprised when I hear of one of them having a problem. If it is only one month old, take it back for warranty or a refund. If you can I would suggest you consider buying another brand, Uni-Trend, Fluke, Brymen, Digitek, Agilent, Amprobe, BK Precision, Hioki, are just some examples of meters I would trust over ANY Mastech.

Sorry you haven't had any help but the answer really is: One month old and not working? Take it back.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 06:25:56 pm »
You can try putting in a new fresh battery, cleaning the rotary switch and perhaps cleaning the pcb with IPA (especially around the main IC).

Offline ModemHead

• Frequent Contributor
  • No user-serviceable parts inside.
    • Mr. ModemHead
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 07:28:27 pm »
I see from a picture that the PC Link is actuated using the backlight button.  Usually the APO feature is disabled when the data link is enabled.  Check the backlight button to see if it is sticky, or perhaps there is some stray solder on the PCB at the button pad.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf