Author Topic: Protection for Screen on Rigol 7" DS1054z and others  (Read 1992 times)

Offline iRepairElectronicsTopic starter

• Contributor
Protection for Screen on Rigol 7" DS1054z and others
« on: February 11, 2019, 05:59:09 pm »
Just a quick survey.  Who here would like to have a protective film for the Rigol 7" screen? im looking to have some made for my DS1054z
Im looking to sell for $18.00 US each.  very heavy duty, provides good impact and scratch protection.  ;D

Offline bayati

• Contributor
Re: Protection for Screen on Rigol 7" DS1054z and others
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 08:10:12 pm »
There are different laptop screen protectors with low cost. last week I bought a glue less one for 1 dollar and cut it for my 2*multi-meters and 1 scope and half of it remained.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:34:15 pm by bayati »

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 08:15:35 pm »
Why does it need a screen protector? It's not something you carry around in your pocket.

Offline bayati

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 08:19:34 pm »
I always have my soldering iron in my hand when pushing buttons. a lot of burn marks on my tools.  :-/O

Offline iRepairElectronicsTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 08:23:04 pm »
well a workbench can be hazardous place. i know mine is. chemicals spray around, items pushed around the bench, one good hit and its dead screen, as opposed to thick plexi's in front of the old CRT's.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 05:21:24 am »
I guess I just take better care of my gear than that. I dunno, my scope has always been the crown jewel of my test gear collection and a significant financial investment. I keep my gear in immaculate condition and don't spray chemicals around or carelessly hold a hot soldering iron in my hand I'm using it with.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 10:08:43 am »
screen protector alone wont be enough for such situation. i can print some sacrificial button cover protection, holster like edge covering etc, you people want some? jk... ;D
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Online TurboTom

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 10:18:53 am »
The screens of at least the non-touch Rigol instruments are protected by an etched glass screen. There's no risk of burning by solder splashes or even momentary contacts with the soldering iron and little risk of scratching present. IMO, there's no point in applying an additional screen protector.

Online Berni

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 10:20:09 am »
I simply bought a off the shelf screen protector for laptops of the correct size for my Agilent MSO9000.

Main reason for it being that it has a resistive touchscreen. Due to that the top layer is easy to scratch plastic so a good chance that a hard piece of dirt on your finger could put a scratch in it. Also i like to use pens or pencils to tap at it as its easier than using a finger so a screen protector is definitely useful there.

The protector also has a mat finish so that it solves the glare problem with the smooth display on it.

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 10:20:26 am »
Wouldn't it be cheaper/easier to just buy a tablet screen protector and cut it up with a guillotine.
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 10:37:34 am »
screen protector alone wont be enough for such situation. i can print some sacrificial button cover protection, holster like edge covering etc, you people want some? jk... ;D

I use mine inside a sealed glove box filled with 99.9% nitrogen, just in case.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf