Author Topic: Questions on some older used Scopes and Probe Rec's  (Read 3423 times)

Offline FulmirTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Questions on some older used Scopes and Probe Rec's
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2022, 08:26:20 pm »
Thanks both of you! I think between shipping and credit card rebates I can get a 2104+ for about 1300 from Germany which seems pretty good for this scope. I'm mostly worried about prices going up because chip and everything else shortages and, well, everything is getting more expensive >.>

What does a particularly good deal on this sort of new scope look like anyways?

Also thanks for the breakdown Performa01, that's honestly a lot more impressive than I was expecting from this sort of scope. That helps explain why it's so popular and everyone is rebadging it... ;D

Also looking at it the built in signal gen prolly saves me another ~$100 at least for a while.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2022, 09:10:41 pm »
Thanks both of you! I think between shipping and credit card rebates I can get a 2104+ for about 1300 from Germany which seems pretty good for this scope. I'm mostly worried about prices going up because chip and everything else shortages and, well, everything is getting more expensive >.>

What does a particularly good deal on this sort of new scope look like anyways?

Also thanks for the breakdown Performa01, that's honestly a lot more impressive than I was expecting from this sort of scope. That helps explain why it's so popular and everyone is rebadging it... ;D

Also looking at it the built in signal gen prolly saves me another ~$100 at least for a while.
Germany ?  :-//
Get it locally from Saelig and dig out their thread here and ask for the EEVblog members 6% discount code.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Fulmir

Offline bdunham7

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2022, 09:56:49 pm »

The deal was last year where they had the scope plus the logic probe set for ~$1600, but I doubt you'll see that again.  Assuming your flag is correct and you are in the US, get it through an authorized distributor so you get the right power cord and the 3-year warranty.  TEquipment and Saelig offer a 6% EEVBlog discount and free shipping, so $1315 + tax - credit card points.

I wouldn't rule out price increases or product shortages in the mid term.  I wouldn't panic either, but if your ready just grab one. 
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2022, 03:31:03 am »
Good point on the power cord and stuff (and yup, east coast US) and I didn't know about the discount codes so I'll definitely take a look at that 😃

I think I'm just gonna buy a DIY'd logic probe and that'll at least get me started, and if it falls short I can eventually make my own.

I think I'll jump on it later in the month, don't wanna stack up too much stuff to do all at once or I'll get overwhelmed and do none of it >.>

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2022, 06:00:58 am »

Well, since G0HZU was referring to the (much) more expensive 12-bit SDS2000X HD, my demonstration was for that scope.

But no worries, the 8-bit SDS2000X Plus has an equally well designed low-noise frontend and its total noise is only marginally higher because of the 8-bit acquisition. The claim that it stays below 80 µVrms at full bandwidth (570 MHz) is still true for this scope.

Of course there are still measures to get rid of most of the remaining noise, depending on the application, like input bandwidth limiters 20 MHz, 200 MHz and/or 10-bit mode, which also limits bandwidth to 100 MHz.

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2022, 04:03:33 pm »
Ah, thanks for the clarification! I was looking at the lowest end HD model and I just can't justify spending that much. Good to know the Plus is similarly good.  :-/O

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf