The UT136C just arrived!
First Impressions :
+ Nice sturdy construction, excellent LCD display. Uni-T always uses very nice LCD displays!
+ I am using it with the Brymen leads from Franky. Great combination.
The leads that come with it are not of bad quality actually but they have a resistance of 0.15 ohms.
Continuity testing with this combination is like a machine gun. Instant.
+ Great frequency counter, fast and very sensitive. That is actually the reason I've bought it.
+ Accurate and fast current measurements.
Burden Resistance : 101 ohm @ uA, 1.84 ohm @ mA and 0.14 omhs @ A scales
+ Very positive feel on the dial, a bit stiff though. No annoying beeping when changing modes.
+ Excellent tilt mount. Stable.
- Probably the slowest resistance measurement I have seen in a multimeter.
I thought I was measuring a large capacitor... At least its accurate.
- 1.48V for diode measurement but fast. Nothing great here.
(Is it that difficult to make a proper diode tester? !$@#$%) 21st century tech...
- Useless Hold button as usual. Perfect for a backlight switch mod.
- Leads for temperature measurement complete junk! Temperature sampling is fast
but no decimal places.
- Placement of probe receptacles confusing. A little red colour marking wouldn't hurt.
- (03 March 2014) Arrived 5mV out of calibration. Fixed with adjustment of VR1 pot.
Overall a great little multimeter, especially for the price range.
Perfect for my project because of its very fast sensitive and accurate frequency counter.
If you are measuring resistors frequently, look elsewhere.
The UT61E just gave birth to a cute little baby. Size Comparison