Author Topic: Rigol 1052E XY mode question  (Read 2110 times)

Offline dorkshoeiTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Rigol 1052E XY mode question
« on: November 18, 2017, 12:55:29 am »
I have a 1052E that's been hacked to 100mhz.     I have an old piece of equipment that outputs an X, Y and Z "vector" signal onto a display tube.     Hooking up the Rigol in place of the tube,  I can see the picture but it's small in the lower right corner of the screen.  Adjusting scale full on X and Y increases it's size slightly,  but still the image is barely taking up any of the screen.   Am I missing something?  I've had no issue filling the entire display area using an old HP analog scope.

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol 1052E XY mode question
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 09:26:05 am »
Are you sure the signals don't have a DC offset?

Online rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 04:58:15 pm »
Maybe put a capacitor in series with each signal and use AC coupling?  I'm not sure about the Z input and whether it should be capacitively coupled.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 05:00:01 pm »
Maybe put a capacitor in series with each signal and use AC coupling?  I'm not sure about the Z input and whether it should be capacitively coupled.
I figured out the issue.  I was misunderstanding the controls.   They don't work quite the same way as my older analog.

Question.  Is there a z-input (intensity) on the 1052? It would also be nice if there was a persistence option in-between none and infinite (but realize that would be tricky to implement and somewhat comes for free on analog scopes).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:22:42 pm by dorkshoei »

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 04:39:37 am »
Having a Z-input is pretty rare for digital scopes. I know there are a couple out there but don't remember specifically what models they are.

Offline AG6QR

• Frequent Contributor
    • AG6QR Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 05:30:36 am »
Having a Z-input is pretty rare for digital scopes. I know there are a couple out there but don't remember specifically what models they are.

Correct, and to directly answer the specific question asked, no, the Rigol 1052E definitely does not have a Z input.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 05:34:05 am »

Correct, and to directly answer the specific question asked, no, the Rigol 1052E definitely does not have a Z input.

Yes I concluded this was the case.    Anyone know which digital scopes have a Z-axis input?  I've read that some higher ends scopes also have configurable "digital persistence".

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf