Author Topic: Function gens with floating outputs?  (Read 16141 times)

Offline plesa

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Function gens with floating outputs?
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2015, 08:59:19 pm »
The single channel model they still have for sale has the factory internal OCXO option. I  almost went for that one, but wanted dual channel so I could sell my Rigol.

I do have a calibrated FEI 5650A (I am currently in the process of putting it in a nice heatsinked enclosure with some support circuitry), and I have an OCXO in my 53132A (bought from Poland on eBay). My old Philips counter also has an OCXO. And... I have a Lucent RFTGm-II-XO GPSDO that has an internal OCXO, although I can't seem to get very good GPS signal here. Might need to put an antenna on a pole outside my lab window.

Ever since I joined this forum I think I spend more time playing with my equipment than designing things, but I have been better lately and have been actually working on my projects. EEVBlog, you ruin me.
I will also pick only two channel one instead of single channel. The OCXO option is little bit expensive, there are some upgrades on web but for older counters I do not know if it is compatible. I have only the HS OCXO in 53230A and I'm using it for 10MHz reference on both. GPSDO or RbXO is better for fraction of price.
Since I joined this forum I'm working on more project than before, there is lot of interesting stuff mentioned here ;-)

I forgot to mentioned that in the 2.09 FW is bug which will not allow you to upgrade by USB, because on instrument is not posiible to enter unlocking code AT33500, so only one option is to upgrade over LAN. I expect that same bug is with your FW 2.03
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:00:51 pm by plesa »

Offline JoeB83

• Regular Contributor
  • Longmont, CO
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2015, 10:37:58 pm »
I love my 33521A. Expensive, yes, but keep an eye out on Keysights eBay page or other trusted second-hand sources. I also have a 33210A, I like it, but the 33521 is much more versatile.

Well I went back and forth with the Keysight guy on the Ebay page.

They wanted ~$2436 for the 33522b (dual channel, 30mhz, arb) with 16MB memory, IQ player, and security features. Looked brand new, calibrated a couple of months ago. Still had the plastic on the screen.

They refused to go lower than $2300. He sent a final offer (after the previous offer of $2300) with a message "This is the lowest I can go. Oliver"

My wife is going to kill me :(

I guess I will have a DG1032Z up for sale soon.

Edit: They have already put up another auction of the same model with same specs and same price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keysight-Used-33522B-Waveform-Generator-30-MHz-2-Ch-Arb-Agilent-33522B-/181804433463?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a54638037

The absolute lowest they will take is $2300. Which is still a good deal. The IQ player option is cool, not sure I will ever *need* it but it is more than just an IQ player. It's basically general dual channel arb.

Ouch. I got lucky and paid less than half that, but I took a risk not knowing how well my unit had been taken care of, etc. Still, at least it's (hopefully) the last function gen you'll have to buy, and at least it's the two channel version. Plus, it's lower than retail & like you say, looks new. Keysight USA want almost $3400 new, with no options.

http://www.keysight.com/en/pd-2155053-pn-33522B/waveform-generator-30-mhz-2-channel-with-arb

P. S. My wife has said she'll kill me if I spend any more money something like 10 times.... :o :-X
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:40:29 pm by JoeB83 »

Offline dadlerTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 07:53:28 pm »
Wow uh, don't order from the Keysight eBay store if you want to receive your item quickly.

It took them 8 days to actually ship my item, and only after I queried as to whether it was shipped get.

And the FedEx delivery mechanism they chose says it will take a month to deliver. Ordered generator on July 15th, delivery scheduled for August 20th.

Edit: the delivery date has now changed to July 27th. still shows August 20th on eBay. We'll see! Might have just been a glitch or they deliberately set everyone's expectations low to avoid complaints.

Edit2: that's what I get for complaining. Generator was delivered today, one day after it was shipped from Malaysia. FedEx still shows the generator in Malaysia. Thanks Keysight!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:27:28 pm by dadler »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf