Author Topic: Rigol 3000 Series Bench Multimeter Dimensions -- minus the bumpers  (Read 1232 times)

Offline bermanmkTopic starter

I'm looking to replace the crappy bench multimeter in my rackmount setup. Since I really don't feel like rebuilding the thing I am trying to find one that will fit in the old one's footprint.

I'd really appreciate it if someone who owns a rigol 3000 series could measure the dimensions of theirs, minus the grey corner bumpers. You don't have to remove the bumpers, just measure on the front or back case in the spot where the bumper doesn't overlap. I need the height and width info -- I assume that the depth is unaffected.

Also, if anyone knows if the bumpers (and the handle) are easy to remove I'd appreciate info on that too.

Thanks,
    --Mark

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol 3000 Series Bench Multimeter Dimensions -- minus the bumpers
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 10:15:22 pm »
You cannot remove front rubber from front panel.. That is a front panel.
You can remove rear one, with two screws.. Original rackmount kit is made so you mount DMM with all the rubbers still on..

Offline Dino KL0S

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 10:25:12 pm »
My DM3068 measures 8 7/8" wide and 3 1/2" tall not counting the bumpers; you actually can remove the four rubber bumpers on the front panel as they simply pull off, BUT having said that the plastic nipples that the bumpers snap onto are part of the case and you'd have to grind them off if you wanted a smooth surface with those dimensions. With the bumpers on it measures 9 1/8" wide and 4 1/4" tall.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 10:34:47 pm »
Thanks Dino, I was quoting service manual.. My DM is new so didn't want to try prying things off...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf