Author Topic: arbitrary FeelTech FY2300h  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Jan80Topic starter

arbitrary FeelTech FY2300h
« on: January 27, 2019, 10:50:14 pm »
Hi I recently purchased Fy2300h /50Mz version for about AUD110 and I'd like to share some thoughts about it. Functionality is similar to well discussed FY6600 an FY6800 models. The main difference is 5V supply and the metal case which makes it more suitable as a carry on service device supplied of 5V/800mA USB power bank.   
HW -  The FY2300H is claimed to be 14bit / 250MSa/s ... but it's based on Altera FPGA EP4CE6E22C8N with maximum operating frequency 200Mhz and two MCP4822 12bit, 20Mhz SPI DAC.
Measured frequency response 1Vpp sinus drops just 15mV at 50Mhz, Rise and fall time about 6ns @1Vpp 10Mhz square. Signals over 5Vpp are limited to 20Mhz. Modulations are available for Ch1 only.Vertical resolution was confirmed to be just 12bit. VCO input to be 5VDc for full scale, but my unit needs 6VDc - not sure if it's feature or a bug of my unit. USB connector is for data only.
 Build quality could be better, there is loose top panel and chassis to reference "ground" (supply DC negative) connection is done by a piece of stripped wire squeezed between anodised panels. Scratch them at point of contact at least, 4mm ground post can be easily add.
 HMI - responsive and easy to work with, nice display.
 PC software - same as for 6600/6800 model - installation wasn't easy on 64bit win (missing VB library..). PC sw crashes randomly, custom curve cannot be defined as sequence of  x,y point matrix. draw feature is useless, however there are some predefined signals which can be combined (+-*).
Overall - it works, but ... :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf