Author Topic: [teardown] NoiseCom UFX99CA 1 Ghz Programmable Noise Generator  (Read 1771 times)

Offline EarendilTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I bought this unit very cheaply on Ebay. It's quite impressive in the inside I think.

Datasheet: https://accusrc.com/uploads/datasheets/5930_ufx99ca.pdf
My unit has options U9opt01, U9opt05.

It had 75 Ohm inputs but actually it used minimum loss pads to convert from 50 Ohm. Everything else is 50 ohms inside. I've already removed the minimum loss pads and I need to replace them with attenuators. I've also removed and reused for the conversion of the unit to 50 ohm some of the connectors on back. (I don't need 4 external filters).

Unfortunately one of the 6 pole RF relays was stuck after some initial usage and burned the driver IC (over current). I found the same type relays on Ebay and they've already been installed on the pictures. After this event I found out that there's some extra noise (10kHz pulses, so the noise floor is not flat at those frequencies anymore) coming from the power supply which I removed to investigate. It's pictured separately. I don't have too much time to work on this so that why it's not fixed and installed back yet.

I've also dumped the software for the unit for backup purposes. I included that too.

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 02:24:31 pm by Earendil »

The following users thanked this post: matthuszagh

• Regular Contributor
Re: [teardown] NoiseCom UFX99CA 1 Ghz Programmable Noise Generator
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 02:02:40 pm »
(Same picture as before with somewhat improved colors).

• Regular Contributor
Re: [teardown] NoiseCom UFX99CA 1 Ghz Programmable Noise Generator
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 02:17:35 pm »
And this is one of the minimum loss pads.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf