Author Topic: Rigol DG1062z Arbitrary Waveform Generator - Short Review  (Read 20907 times)

Offline RJdaMoD

• Contributor
Re: Rigol DG1062z Arbitrary Waveform Generator - Short Review
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 08:33:17 am »
Thanks for your measurements!
That indeed confirms that there is some low pass filter at 30-60MHz, but that is still more than the 20MHz bandwidth given in the data sheet.
The linear interpolation might be done by multiplying the sample rate internally to be around 60MS/s and inserting interpolated samples in the gaps.
Nonetheless, i think this is false advertising, as they sell it as a 200MS/s 60MHz generator, but giving you only 30MHz arb bandwidth.
But still better than the DG5000 series, where (according to the manual) there is no adjustable sample clock generator so that you can only select integral fractions of 1GS/s.
Rigol really looks fancy from outside, but when you look deeper insight, it gets some unprofessional taste. But i guess thats the price.
I still wonder if it might fit my application.

Offline WuerstchenhundTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 01:44:17 pm »
Rigol really looks fancy from outside, but when you look deeper insight, it gets some unprofessional taste. But i guess thats the price.

Yes, that's what I was thinking, too. I'll probably sell my DG1062z and see if I can get something better from Tektronix or Keysight, and it's unlikely I'll consider Rigol again in the future.

If most of the other AWGs in this price class (or even a bit above!) just had at least the same amount sample memory but this is where most manufacturers are skimping :rant:

Offline radioFlash

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2015, 10:55:22 pm »

Yes, that's what I was thinking, too. I'll probably sell my DG1062z and see if I can get something better from Tektronix or Keysight, and it's unlikely I'll consider Rigol again in the future.

If most of the other AWGs in this price class (or even a bit above!) just had at least the same amount sample memory but this is where most manufacturers are skimping :rant:

What has disappointed you about the DG1062z since your initial review?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2015, 05:22:25 pm »
What has disappointed you about the DG1062z since your initial review?

Mostly the very slow edges and the crap software Rigol offers for the DG1000z, but the latter it shares with all Chinese brand AWGs.

It's still a decent device, but quite frankly I'm at a point where I had enough with Chinese brands and rather spend a bit more money for proper kit, even if it's used. I did this for other test kit (scope, power supply, spectrum analyzer, RF generator, multimeter), and that's what I'll do for my next AWG (which probably will be a Tektronix).

I'll probably still keep the DG1062z, though. It's more than good enough for simpler tasks, and the built-in frequency counter is useful, too. But it'll very likely will be my last Rigol device.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:26:02 pm by Wuerstchenhund »

Offline JohnnyBerg

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2015, 05:42:29 pm »
Nice  :-+

Any chance to post a photo from the inside?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2015, 06:51:49 pm »
Nice  :-+

Any chance to post a photo from the inside?

With a factory sealed €500 device that is still under warranty? Sorry, no.

Offline JohnnyBerg

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2015, 08:52:41 pm »
Fair enough, thanks anyway!

Offline radioFlash

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2015, 09:44:18 pm »
Thanks for the review and update. My needs are pretty simple, so this model looks pretty interesting.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf