Author Topic: HP 54542A Applications Menu  (Read 1027 times)

Offline ghpicardTopic starter

• Contributor
HP 54542A Applications Menu
« on: December 19, 2017, 04:46:46 am »
Hi all,
     I have recently acquired an HP 54542A DSO and find intriguing that there is a menu called "Applications" which shows no operations or actions whatsoever when selected. It is the "blue" function over the Utility Menu button.
I have gone over the manuals (service and user) as well as I can but they are just image PDFs (as in "non searcheable") so I can have missed the details.
Does anyone know what kind of functions it should have invoked? Or is it just some "future proof" functionality that was simply left behind? This series does not have a connector in the back to add functionalities as the 546XX did so I imagine that upgrades had to be made either through FDD uploads or perhaps adding EPROMs in free sockets inside. No, I didn't find the heart to break it apart... yet.

Thanks for your insights or theories.

Offline Nx-1997

• Regular Contributor
Re: HP 54542A Applications Menu
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 09:16:12 am »
More info here: https://www.keysight.com/main/techSupport.jspx?cc=CA&lc=eng&nid=-32417.536881117&pid=1000001425%3Aepsg%3Apro&pageMode=DS

You need a floppy disk, the scope searches for basic program files on the floppy disk. These programs are useless to average scope user, mainly telecom masks.

The following users thanked this post: ghpicard

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf