Author Topic: re 5KY review - Uni_T 61E Meter - UK/EU stockists ?  (Read 2325 times)

Offline picandmixTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
re 5KY review - Uni_T 61E Meter - UK/EU stockists ?
« on: August 03, 2015, 09:18:12 pm »
Like the sound of the Uni T 61E as feaured in 5KYs great meter review.

However,  seems the only places with stock for the UK are a couple of Far East sellers, but shipping from the UK.

Their prices seem lower than I expected compared to those quoted on 5KY reviews.

Wondered if , like Hakko, there was a thriving clone/copy market for the Uni _T meters ?

Only found Rapid Electronics UK listing it, but at £79 and out of stock for 2+ months !

Anyone know of a reputable UK/EU  source with stock at a fair price ?

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
Re: re 5KY review - Uni_T 61E Meter - UK/EU stockists ?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 09:25:10 pm »
only place I can see it is on amazon.co.uk for £45.19
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 09:29:33 pm »
Wondered if , like Hakko, there was a thriving clone/copy market for the Uni _T meters ?
Uni-trend, the company who makes the Uni-T multimeters, are rebranded by other companies and resold under their label.

For example, Voltcraft resells some Uni-T multimeters under their own name, but wth upgraded components/safety to meet German safety regulations.

I have not seen any Uni-T counterfeits.

Offline picandmixTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 09:54:42 pm »

If you look at the detail, also a CN based seller, £7 dearer than ebay sellers, expect coming from the same uk stock outlet.

For example, Voltcraft resells some Uni-T multimeters under their own name, but wth upgraded components/safety to meet German safety regulations.

From a quick look , unable to see anything similar spec in the Voltcraft  from Conrad.

As you suggest, it seems  the ebay / amazon Uni T ones are not likely to be counterfeits.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 05:10:07 pm »

If you look at the detail, also a CN based seller, £7 dearer than ebay sellers, expect coming from the same uk stock outlet.

From a quick look , unable to see anything similar spec in the Voltcraft  from Conrad.

As you suggest, it seems  the ebay / amazon Uni T ones are not likely to be counterfeits.
There is a European version of the ut61e that has upgrades input protection componets and a more proper CAT rating,  plus TUV certification.  This one is more expensive than the version sold in the rest of the world for the above reasons.  Ones coming from China will be the cheaper less safe version.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf