Author Topic: Rigol DP832 Display Smearing  (Read 2987 times)

Offline sacherjjTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Rigol DP832 Display Smearing
« on: July 29, 2015, 08:44:16 pm »
Today is the first time I've seen this and I thought I would ask before I took it apart to look.  I was running something on it and looked up to adjust and thought my eyes were going from too much time under the microscope.  What I saw was this:

I'm running 1.09 firmware.  I haven't looked inside if it before, so I'm hoping I just have a temperature cycling connection issue on the LCD connector or something.  Anyone run across this before?

If I turn it off for a few minutes, it looks good most times on boot.  Just turned in on from being cold for about 30 minutes.  In the time it took to type above, the smearing started again.

Offline LA7SJA

• Regular Contributor
  • Acting user manual reader & forum search engine
Re: Rigol DP832 Display Smearing
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 06:13:28 am »
How old is the unit and what is average room temp? Is the unit on 24/7 or just a few hours now and then? Could be a problem with the digital 5v supply due to heat. Ther is quit a few youtube videos on the DP832. But i would start as always with the powersuply of the unit.

Johan-Fredrik
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you"

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 11:19:04 am »
I made sure to wait until after the heat fix before getting it.  It runs at most a few hours a day, average of 10 days a week.  It seems to be holding working properly, short of the display.  I'll try to set aside some time to take a look at it next week.

Offline LA7SJA

• Regular Contributor
  • Acting user manual reader & forum search engine
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 11:54:33 am »
I am genuinely sorry for you , 6 days a week in Thailand is hard enough so I can only imagine how 10 days week feels like. If you don't find anything wrong with the power on the DP832 the fault lays in the front panel hope it's not one of the BGA solders gone bad. When I manage to regain controll of my serverpark in Norway I should be able to find the service manual for you.

Johan-Fredrik
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you"

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 06:21:57 pm »
Yeah, 10 days a month is a little more realistic.   ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf