Author Topic: Tektronix 2465 MOD SG  (Read 1596 times)

Offline mskobierTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Test Equipmentaholic!
Tektronix 2465 MOD SG
« on: April 29, 2015, 04:33:11 pm »
All,
  One of the parts scopes I will be working on in the near future is a 2465. On the back panel in one of the little oval slots, there is an insert that says MOD SG. From what little I have been able to find on the net, the scope has a factory modification. This mod is identified as MOD SG. What exactly is this mod? I did find a user manual for the 2445/2465 with MOD SG, and I have ordered it. What I do not know is, what exactly does this mod do? I can wait for the manual and that should explain everything, but I am impatient and figured I would ask the group if anyone knew what this mod was. I know the lower left front panel under the screen is different with the Intensity, Beam Find and Focus labels moved from above the control knobs/button to below the control knobs/button, and replaced with the words "Property of IBM". I do think that there is more to this mod than just moving/adding some words around on the panel. If anyone has any information on this mod, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mitch

Offline mskobierTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Test Equipmentaholic!
Re: Tektronix 2465 MOD SG
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 03:38:21 am »
I received the answer to my question in regards to what the MOD SG entails. A poster over on the Tek Scope Yahoo forum replied with specific information. Here is what he had to say.

In the micro fiche collection used at Tek most instruments had a section called "Custom Mod Prod"
 where the mods were described. In your case 2465 mod SG says:

This manual insert describes MOD SG as it applies to the TEKTRONIX 2445 and 2465 Oscilloscope.
 Having "property of" and the IBM Logotype added to the front panel marking, and having a
 customer-supplied label applied to the rear cover.

PARTS LIST ELECTRICAL Change:
 333-2877-02 1 PANEL, FRONT (CRT)

Add:
 013-0202-00 4 ADAPTER, PROBE TIP
 195-1870-01 4 LEAD, ELEC. W/6-32 THD, ADAPTER
 206-0137-01 4 ADAPTER, 6-32 To 0.025 SQ. PIN

(Many Thanks Hakan)

Mitch

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf