Author Topic: Rigol DP832 question  (Read 2510 times)

Offline LektroiDTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • If it didn't explode, I'm happy.
    • Music here
Rigol DP832 question
« on: March 13, 2015, 08:12:11 am »
Is it possible to set this up in a bipolar configuration?

example:
+15V DC
0V Ground
-15V DC

I can't find it in the manual, and it has not been mentioned on any of the YouTube videos I've watched, nor is it mentioned in the manual. This is vital to the circuits I'm building for my analogue modular synthesizer. Currently I'm using an analogue bench power supply (IsoTech IPS2302A), which has config switches on the front panel to allow this, but could do with the accuracy of a digital bench supply, provided this option is possible.

Offline wiss

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rigol DP832 question
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 08:15:49 am »
one banana cable between ch2- and ch1+, +15V at ch2+, -15V at ch1-, 0V at ch1+ and ch2-

Offline LektroiDTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • If it didn't explode, I'm happy.
    • Music here
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 08:58:23 am »
In that configuration, do you have to set the voltages individually, or does one setting control both sides equally (like on my analogue supply)?

If they are independently controlled, it seems a bit long drawn out for today's technology...

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 09:23:48 am »
In that configuration, do you have to set the voltages individually, or does one setting control both sides equally (like on my analogue supply)?

If they are independently controlled, it seems a bit long drawn out for today's technology...

You simply press the Track Softkey, it links ch.1 and ch.2.

However this only links the set voltage. The current limit, over voltage and over current protection is still dealt with on a channel by channel basis.

Edit: You can also choose to have the linked channels to switch on and off together.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:49:52 am by Howardlong »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf