Author Topic: Tonghui TH8411 DC Load - CP and CR mode abnormal behaviour  (Read 2673 times)

Offline danilsTopic starter

• Contributor
Tonghui TH8411 DC Load - CP and CR mode abnormal behaviour
« on: October 08, 2022, 11:57:52 am »
Hi All,

Because I was looking for a high voltage capability DC electronic load, I acquired a Tonghui TH8411. The overall build quality looks quite good and the software looks good too.

Firmware version is: 1.0.8,2.003 @ 2022 - 04 - 12

BTW I am experiencing some abnormal behaviour:

1) In the system setting menu I cannot cycle between "Source" CV an CC. CV is always selected
2) In Constant Power mode, the power set on the TH8411 has nothing to do with the power drawn from the DUT. It's much more lower and there is no correlation between the two.
3) In Constant Resistance mode, again, there is no correlation between values set and DUT behavior.

I tested the same DUT with an Array 3710A spare DC Load I have in my lab and it performs correctly in bot CR and CP mode.

Does anybody own a TH8411 and experienced the same?

Thanks

Danils
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 11:59:42 am by danils »

Offline danilsTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Tonghui TH8411 DC Load - CP and CR mode abnormal behaviour
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 08:51:03 pm »
Follow up for everyone maybe interested in:

Issues 2) and 3)
I contacted their service department. CP and CR were bugged to the core in that FW revision. In less than 24 hours, on Sunday, they sent me a firmware update that completely solved the problem. So customer service looks first class so far. What looks odd is releasing to the market a product with such a severe issue.

Issue 1)
The function is not implemented yet and will be activated in a future FW update.

It looks a very interesting product for the bucks. Maybe it could deserve a teardown by Dave. I did not open it but looking inside the ventilation holes I spotted premium components (ST power MOSFETs for example)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 08:52:46 pm by danils »

Offline frankvh2

Re: Tonghui TH8411 DC Load - CP and CR mode abnormal behaviour
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2023, 08:26:02 pm »
Reviving an old thread I know...   :)

Just wondering if you have any further feedback on your e-load? Has the TH8411 been making you happy?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf