Author Topic: Oscilloscope Zoom Zoom Conference  (Read 853 times)

Online Electro FanTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Oscilloscope Zoom Zoom Conference
« on: April 04, 2021, 04:30:13 pm »
A Semi Serious Proposal

Here is a 50% in jest 50% serious proposal for the 1st Oscilloscope Zoom Zoom Conference.

Purpose (subject to refinement):  Examine and compare the operating methods of oscilloscope manufacturers and models used to zoom in, zoom out, and trigger/search/navigate while the user and/or the oscilloscope manages memory as made possible by the various architectural designs.

This entire preliminary outline is subject to improvement with input from EEVblog members.

Format:  With sponsorship by EEVblog, moderation by Dave, and management by an Oscilloscope Technical Panel selected by Dave, several oscilloscopes will be demonstrated for the EEVblog audience during a Zoom video conference.

Following introductory demonstrations of some basic TBD functions (intended to be similar and to establish some baselines across each oscilloscope) the Oscilloscope Q&A Panel will comment and/or request specific functionality to be demonstrated on any of the oscilloscopes.

Zoom Zoom Conference to be recorded for future playback and review.

Oscilloscope Technical Panel (selected for objectivity)

Dave
W2AEW
Howardlong
others TBD?

Oscilloscopes

~10 oscilloscopes to be demonstrated.  Tentative Lineup, all 4 channel oscilloscopes:
2 from Keysight.  1 3000 Series (the “reference” scope), 1 1000 series
2 from Siglent.  1 2000 series, 1 1000 series
2 from Rigol.  1 5000 series, 1 1000 series
1 from GW Instek
1 from Tektronix
1 from R&S

Oscilloscope Q&A Panel
nctnico
tautech
2N3055
rf-loop
fungus
others TBD?

PS, remember, if you don't like this idea or you think it was stupid, it wasn't completely serious :)

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
Re: Oscilloscope Zoom Zoom Conference
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 06:56:56 am »
So, when are we starting?

PS I can provide dso-138, I just need to add three more channels.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf