Author Topic: RIGOL DP832 timing issue  (Read 4025 times)

Offline W7NGATopic starter

• Regular Contributor
RIGOL DP832 timing issue
« on: February 04, 2014, 07:03:55 pm »
Inspired by Dave Jones, I thought I would make my initial entry in video blogging about the DP832 and some of the more arcane aspects of its operation where the manual is not clear.
As fun as it has been, trying to decipher the DP832 workings without the magic-decoder ring has been frustrating. When I program the Timer/Delayer, using a template or a simple pattern toggle or ramp, the interval between states is not accurate. I set the interval to 1-second, but the state changes every ~800ms. Same with the Delayer set to toggle the output on/off, the 1-second interval is considerably less than that.

Could someone with a DP832 perform a simple Timer test and measure the time interval between state changes (RIGOL calls them Groups & Points). Set 6 groups at 1-second intervals and assess whether or not each state lasts 1-second. I need to know if this is a programming bug or my real-time clock is not accurate. I've asked RIGOL Technical Support for feedback but I'm not overly optimistic.

I am using firmware v01.08.   

daniel
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:28:53 pm by W7NGA »

• Regular Contributor
Re: RIGOL DP832 timing issue
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 09:24:45 pm »
As you can see, each state is held far less than the 1-second per division. As I dig deeper into the DP832 I will also share my observations on the Agilent 34461A.

daniel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 09:42:42 pm »
I forgot to mention that someone here was asking if you can display each individual channel separately with larger fonts.
Yes, you can by enabling the Display mode = waveform option. The display is a marginal improvement but for those with eyesight issues it might help.
The parameters of the individual channel are set/displayed with a larger font and a running waveform display is also shown.

daniel

Offline thmjpr

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 05:28:05 am »
Both timer/delayer are fairly accurate for me.

When I set it to 1s I get 1.03s. Plus/minus 20ms or so.
Setting a delay of 50s gave ~51.4s on a stopwatch. Which agrees with above that its a few percent slow.

DP832A FW 1.09

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf