Author Topic: Rigol MSO2202A Possible Bug  (Read 1309 times)

Offline PeterHouseTopic starter

• Contributor
Rigol MSO2202A Possible Bug
« on: February 25, 2015, 03:52:43 am »
Enclosed are a few screenshots showing timing alignment issues between the LA and Analog Channels after an initial capture.

The trigger is set to LA Channel D3 set to a user level of 2.5vdc.  The D3 and CH 1 are probing the same signal on the system under test.

Screen shots showing Error:
DS2_Quickprint2.png shows the capture of a microcontroller startup sequence captured at 1s per division.
DS2_Quickprint3.png shows the same captured waveform zoomed in to 2.000ms per division.  The D3 – CS signal and the OUT0 or Ch 1 signal are the same signal but the CH 1 is shown delayed by 10 divisions or 20ms.

Screen Shots Showing Correct Signal Alignment:
DS2_Quickprint4.png shows the capture of a microcontroller startup sequence captured at 100.0ms per division.
DS2_QuickPrint5.png shows the same captured waveforms zoomed in to 500.0us per division with correct time alignment.

Capturing this waveform at any time base over 100.0ms per division causes the Analog channel to have a delay and NOT be in alignment with the Digital channel when zoomed in.  For instance, at 200ms per division initial capture the CH 1 signal shows as 4ms delayed, and at 500.0ms per division initial capture the CH 1 signal shows as 10ms delayed when zoomed in to 500.0us per division.  The problem gets worse as the captured time per division gets longer.  Any capture time base 100.0ms or less shows correctly when zoomed in.

These continued issues are making it very difficult for me to trust in any critical measures made with this equipment.

Please let me know if you can duplicate this issue.

PS: Software Version 00.03.03.SP1 dated December 15, 2014.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:31:36 pm by PeterHouse »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf