Author Topic: Choosing TL866A vs FlashcatUSB Pro programmer  (Read 887 times)

Offline spidola

• Contributor
Choosing TL866A vs FlashcatUSB Pro programmer
« on: July 25, 2017, 06:44:35 pm »
Hello friends!
I am going to purchase a universal programmer. While there has been a lot of discussion about the TL866A model, there is almost no feedback on supposed to be American made FlashcatUSB programmer www.embeddedcomputers.net/products/FlashcatUSB. I wonder if anyone of you have had experience using the FlashcatUSB programmer and whether the upgraded FlashcatUSB Pro version www.embeddedcomputers.net/products/FlashcatUSB_Pro would be a better choice over the TL866A model in terms of usability and future support?
Thank you!

Offline spidola

• Contributor
Re: Choosing TL866A vs FlashcatUSB Pro programmer
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:51:01 pm »
Due to an overwhelming response to the post, I went for TL866A  ;)

Offline Daruosha

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 11:53:54 pm »
You made the right choice  :)

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 12:38:23 am »
I was wondering if this was spam: a new user with only a single post with a bunch of links to a product that has not been mentioned on the forum before. Not unlike some PCB manufacturers who have posted here in the past. Clearly my suspicions were wrong.

I, as I imagine most people given the lack of responses, have never heart of the Flashcat programmers. Does not mean they are bad, but do not expect much help here if you would run into any problems with them. Support for older parallel E(E)PROMS seems to be much more limited.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf