Author Topic: Rigol DS1000Z series (ds1054z, ds1074z, ds1104z and -s models) Bugs/Wish List  (Read 201029 times)

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: Rigol DS1000Z series (ds1054z, ds1074z, ds1104z and -s models) Bugs/Wish List
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2016, 10:38:25 am »
I suggest you make a nice bugreport and sent it to Rigol.
please send me the link i will be happy to copy paste everything here to there.

They don't read this thread.
so there not much use of this thread, only member gathering to show hey i did this bug, can you? yeah i can can too! everybody happy... and i noticed, the Original Post contained several fixed issues in the latest version and havent been updated for months... maybe its time for a new thread for 4.3.2.3.SP2 bugs thread?...

Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol DS1000Z series (ds1054z, ds1074z, ds1104z and -s models) Bugs/Wish List
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2016, 11:06:50 am »
I suggest you make a nice bugreport and sent it to Rigol.
please send me the link i will be happy to copy paste everything here to there.

http://www.rigolna.com/tech-support/

If you don't receive a confirmation with a support ticket number and the name of the assigned engineer,
keep on sending the bug report every 2 or 3 working days.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2016, 02:31:47 pm »
thanks, i sent them direct to the link of my post. let them suck arse. the bug description area is too small only suitable to put a topic there. if they take action, good. if not lets think of another brand next time...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2016, 03:45:27 pm »
thanks, i sent them direct to the link of my post. let them suck arse. the bug description area is too small only suitable to put a topic there. if they take action, good. if not lets think of another brand next time...

The problem is, even if you considder the remote connection unusable, the DS1054Z is still the best bang for buck.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2016, 04:46:49 pm »
the DS1054Z is still the best bang for buck.
cant argue anymore. i'm a person who find a way around to make things work ;) and i dont consider the SDK interface as total useless, just a few intermittent problems (bugs).

Offline kwassTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2016, 04:52:24 pm »

I've given up maintaining the list at the top of this thread, it's over a year old and they haven't addressed really anything on this list.  I've emailed them links to it several times and I know other people have as well.  Rigol seems totally uninterested in user feedback --- unless it comes from Dave.  I also think that they're only interested in selling hardware not supporting it, so they're probably just moving on to something new and will never release new firmware for this scope.

It (the firmware) was good enough to generate a lot of sales, fixing the firmware probably won't generate any additional sales, so why bother.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:54:15 pm by kwass »
-katie

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2016, 05:50:41 pm »
I've given up maintaining the list at the top of this thread, it's over a year old and they haven't addressed really anything on this list.
have you update your firmware to the latest version? i tested some of the list, they are fixed already. then you can remove what are already fixed. and make a neater list for what are not fixed in the latest revision. i suspect they were watching and took action, but they are not telling you nice that they will tackle it...

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2016, 06:19:08 pm »
here my quick finding after testing a few of your bug list...

1) FIXED (large font setting is retained after reboot)
2) i dont understand what the statement wants. deselecting the checkbos will hide the measurement, probably that what it does.
3) FIXED. FFT works on other channels even if CH1 is off
4) if they fixed this, someone will mourn, measurement got covered by math function, if they move the label to top, someone may mourn the signal got covered, so its hard to satisfy everybody, imho.
5) probably hardware limitation on some unit, i dont experience this. easy workaround... shift the vertical offset until signal is at 0.
6) probably hardware or software limitation. saving bigger file regardless of format, took long time. what do you expect on a $399 scope?
7) havent tried
8) not fixed.
9) FIXED. see attached
.... not tried
13) i successfully downloaded nongarbage 24M yesterday...

so you see most bugs reported here are fixed, or at least i've not experience them so far...

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #258 on: February 29, 2016, 07:10:08 pm »
The "time difference" bug that causes a time shift of +/- 100nSec. between two channels when downloading the deep
memory waveform data, has been reported to Rigol and has been confirmed by Rigol engineers.
No info however when this bug will be fixed.

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
I guess I should post this here....

5 Bugs at once:

The easiest person to fool is yourself. -- Richard Feynman

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
Sorry to go newb on you, but 5 bugsatonce, not sure I can identify them:

1. obvious typo
2. Math trace seems slightly offset. Not sure how the scale works, is it 25V/div, and the math should show 64V?
3. Channel 3 RMS value, but the channel coupling is ground.

The trigger markers do not meet at the same crossing. Is that Delay 210ns?

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
Sorry to go newb on you, but 5 bugsatonce, not sure I can identify them:

1. obvious typo
2. Math trace seems slightly offset. Not sure how the scale works, is it 25V/div, and the math should show 64V?
3. Channel 3 RMS value, but the channel coupling is ground.

The trigger markers do not meet at the same crossing. Is that Delay 210ns?

Heh... 4 are obvious and 1 not.
1. Pluses typo
2. Miscounted pulses
3. RMS value on grounded channel
4. Math horizontal scale-offset error
and, not obvious from the still picture:
5. Measurements are frozen, not updating.

Triggering is correct, shifted 210 ns left from center marker by the horizontal position control, really irrelevant, used just to get a solid number of pulses on-screen. Trigger voltage value and position wrt CH2 trace is correct, no problems there.

Math vertical scale is approximately correct, 100 "units" per division, tops at around 80 units with inputs about 9v x 9v from channels. But Math is _way_ off horizontally.

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
Are all math operations off or just certain operations under some conditions? I seem to recall 500ns time scale mentioned, so is that a requirement?

Thanks

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
Are all math operations off or just certain operations under some conditions? I seem to recall 500ns time scale mentioned, so is that a requirement?

Thanks
500 ns/div is a requirement, 3 or 4 channels turned on is a requirement, average acquire mode is required, number of averages not important, 2 will work.
As far as I can tell all numerical Math operations are affected. I have not tried the Decode functions.

Online JPortici

• Super Contributor
Today i discovered a new problem: I can't save files on usb memories if there is more than 14GB of free space.
I actually wanted to report another bug: the latest saved file wouldn't actually be saved. if i saved two screenshots i would only find the first once i removed the usb key

So i formatted a 16GB kingston usb stick (actually 14.5GB), but this time NOTHING would be saved at all! WTF! Then i digged up an ancient 1GB memory from somewhere else (actually 820MB), it saved every time.
Then i put some random data in the 16GB kingston, around 500MB. I tried again. Now it went back to the original bug.
I suppose the captured data doesn't like to be alone  :palm:

Anyway, attached screenshots show that i can get fft to work on CH2 without having CH1 switched on. Assuming the OP is up to date with the bugs...
(ehr pseudorandom noise wasn't the best example but i have a sinewave now and it's working perfectly anyway)

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
Hi JPortici. The maximum supported size is 8 GB. However, there may also be a problem with large file system clusters, even if the overall drive size is OK. See the discussion beginning with my post at https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-rigol-ds1054z-oscilloscope/msg782828/#msg782828
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Online JPortici

• Super Contributor
I knew it. Though I don't remember reading anything in the manual about max size*, maybe i skipped something. aw hell at this point i can report that with less than 14 GB of free space the scope will save all files but the last

*I didn't even think about troubleshooting because it was almost working normally, so if it was only referred there i would have missed it.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
Yeah, I didn't see it in the manual until someone pointed it out. It's not in the most obvious location.

Offline bap2703

• Regular Contributor
The "time difference" bug that causes a time shift of +/- 100nSec. between two channels when downloading the deep
memory waveform data, has been reported to Rigol and has been confirmed by Rigol engineers.
No info however when this bug will be fixed.

Hi there,

Any news about a possible bugfix ?
I encountered this issue before seeing that it is a (not well) known bug : chan1 is always phase shifted when reading the full memory. I haven't investigated if there is a particular relationship that can help predict this shift.

Example with chan1&2 hooked to the probe compensation signal.

As seen on the scope:

Everything fine here :)

As retrieved on a computer:

If you pay attention the shift can already be noticed at both ends of the chan1 waveform.

As retrieved on a computer, zoomed at the point of trigger:

The scope triggers at 50% of channel 1's amplitude. As it was horizontally centered it should it should be at the point 3000 like the blue trace (6K points acquired per channel).

An interesting feature not shown on this example due to the waveform shape is that the extra data causing the phase shift at the beginning is really extra data : these points are not just the end of the acquisition mispositioned at the beginning. (assuming the X axis is not distorted)
And since the signal is correctly displayed on the scope itself it means that the scope actually has both:
  • points end of the trace used to display on the scope
  • extra points at the beginning displayed when retrieving on a computer

This is also true when using the "maximum" sample size.
That would mean the scope acquires and stores more than 24M samples. It would be great to be able to use that :p

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
In another thread, a vendor in Australia was told by Rigol that a firmware update for the 1000Z was coming in July. So, in the pretty near future we'll see what all gets fixed.

Edit: Added link to reference.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:50:21 pm by bitseeker »

Offline Dwaine

• Frequent Contributor
Does anyone have any beta firmware that will be the July firmware release?   Some early testing?

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
Nope. They don't work like that that I've ever seen. We'll all get it when it's released and then discover things.

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
I may not be among the very first to adopt the new firmware!  I think I'll "wait and see" if anybody else finds some major buzzkills before I install it into my scope.

Does anyone have any beta firmware that will be the July firmware release?   Some early testing?

Surely you jest. We will all get to "beta test" the new firmware when it is released.

Remember the old advice never to rely on software versions that began with "0.something"?    :-DD
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:28:05 pm by alsetalokin4017 »

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
I may not be among the very first to adopt the new firmware!  I think I'll "wait and see" if anybody else finds some major buzzkills before I install it into my scope.

No worries. This will be The One.

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor

No worries. This will be The One.

Good. Then of course you will immediately install it when it is available, you will test all the scope's functions (even the ones you don't need yourself) and give us a nice thorough report. Won't you?

Like you did with the last firmware update?   No.... wait.... 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf