Author Topic: IFR 1200 Super S  (Read 1063 times)

Offline jlmoonTopic starter

• Supporter
  • If you fail the first time, keep trying!
IFR 1200 Super S
« on: January 14, 2021, 02:42:43 am »
Hello All,

I am looking for a IFR 1200 Super S service manual.  Does anyone know where I might pick one up?  Apparently the 1200 Super S is kind of rare for I have not been able to locate much information.  I am trying to service the cpu board, looks like either the E^2 eeprom has lost it's data or possibly the static ram has failed.  Reason I state this is that I have already checked the Eprom and it will run in my good Super S.  I would also like to know where the options are stored, so as to back that part up before I loose that valuable data.   Would be nice to have at least a schematic or parts of one so as to help in solving these issues.  One more note, when I first started working on this box, the cpu had no activity on any of the pins except for the 16 Mhz crystal was running.  No clock out on pin 56 of the 80C188  cpu.  I replaced the cpu and now I have clock out, address and data lines wiggling as they should.  Another part that could be bad (hoping not!) is the GAL16V8B 25LP programmable array logic.  There is hope, I know there is....

Thanks in advance

Jon
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 02:48:39 am by jlmoon »
Recharged Volt-Nut

Offline try2fix

• Contributor
Re: IFR 1200 Super S
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 06:24:31 pm »
Hi, I have simular problem but I don't have anouther supper s to compair - I do have 1200s but the cpu board is different - I have have changed most chips with still no sucsses.  does your good 1200 super s  do this: ""On the Super S you just pull up the runtime clock  (Intensity,decimal point twice rapidly) and enter the minutes and hours backwards.It will bring up an  OPTION SET XX flag,just enter the config you want. 00 is none,01 tracking,02  trunking,03 both-it proceeds by making a two digit hex number out of a byte
where you set certain bits. It will then say CYCLE POWER. After turning the  unit on and off a couple of times it will work normally"""  -- I have read this and if it works that means that there is some NVRAM on the CPU board that may be corrupted - maybe that is what  is happing for you and mine ???

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf