Author Topic: Rigol DS1054 PC software ?  (Read 14787 times)

Offline snoopyTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Analog Precision
Rigol DS1054 PC software ?
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:39:01 am »
Where to get this software ?

Has anyone had any luck getting this software to work on their 1054Z ?

I've tried the software from the Rigol website on Windows 7/64 but when it runs the Sigma software it can't find the USB connected device.

I don't want to use this software for a real time scope interface but rather to create and save and restore setups instead of using that silly single knob interface on the scope.

cheers

Offline Andrew8086

• Contributor
Re: Rigol DS1054 PC software ?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 12:11:48 pm »

Offline snoopyTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Analog Precision
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 12:33:03 pm »
Yes I tried that but it says to run Ultra-Sigma which I do and then it still cant find the scope which is connected via the USB.

cheers

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 01:20:46 pm »
The official software is rubbish. Also needlessly huge.

Try Sigrok instead.

Also an Ethernet cable.

Are you trying to achieve anything in particular or just being curious with a new 'scope?

You don't actually need any drivers or to install anything at all to connect to a DS1054Z. Just use an Ethernet cable then telnet to port 5555 and type plain ASCII commands.

https://www.batronix.com/pdf/Rigol/ProgrammingGuide/MSO1000Z_DS1000Z_ProgrammingGuide_EN.pdf

Offline balvenie

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 01:45:40 pm »
IHello,
I am unable to have Ultra Sigma working with a DSA800 spectrum analyser
Connecting on LAN, it rarely see the connected device.
My purpose is to save screens for filing
Is there any alternative ?
RGDS

Offline balvenie

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 02:36:45 pm »
Thanks to PeDre for efficient answer.  :-+

Offline balvenie

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 06:24:25 pm »
I think the answer is to open the required ports in the firewall, both public and private

Offline CustomEngineerer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 06:18:11 am »
Possibly stupid question, but better to ask than assume. You are connecting to the USB B connection on the back of the scope, and not the USB A connection on the front of the scope right?

Also, try different (and especially shorter) USB cables. When I first tried to connect my scope through USB UltraSigma could not find it. I had been trying a 12ft cheap (~$3) USB cable because the scope was not next to my computer. Finally decided to try a shorter, better USB cable and sure enough, UltraSigma had no problems finding the scope after that. I ended up buying a better quality (~$10 or $15) 12ft USB cable, and was still able to connect to the scope.

Edit: Wanted to mention that even with the cheapy USB cable, Windows would detect the scope when it was plugged in fine, but UltraSigma just could not talk to it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 06:19:46 am by CustomEngineerer »

Offline gwideman

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2021, 09:37:28 am »
For others who might stumble in here -- A major motivation for communicating from your PC to your Rigol scope is to capture screen shots from an environment where you can conveniently type in a useful file name, instead of fiddling with the scope's file-name UI when saving to USB stick.

So you may have gone down the path of trying to do that with Ultra Scope. In which case you probably discovered that is a pretty crap program, with very slow update, and slow ability to remote-control the scope.

You may not have noticed that Ultra Sigma itself has the ability to do a screen grab -- it's on the right click menu for the scope (in the Ultra Sigma's device tree).  So you may be more satisfied operating the scope from the scope front panel, and then just use Ultra Sigma's screen grab function as needed. And don't bother with Ultra Scope.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2021, 11:49:06 am »
Ultra Scope/Ultra Sigma are complete garbage, It's that way for a reason* but still, it's 500Mb of complete garbage.

This thread has many ways to grab the screen directly:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/easiest-way-to-remote-control-and-screen-capture-my-rigol-ds1054z/msg1444671/#msg1444671

(*) Because it layers on top of an industry standard 'VISA driver' which can interface with all sorts of industry standard things that are all generic devices and not Rigol DS0154Zs.

Offline ledtester

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2021, 04:01:49 pm »
Here's a somewhat recent Linux program you might be interested in:

https://github.com/Gaze-At/DS1054

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf