Author Topic: Rigol Australian Suppliers  (Read 2894 times)

Offline matpro76Topic starter

• Contributor
Rigol Australian Suppliers
« on: March 22, 2018, 11:43:00 am »
I've decided to get a DS1054Z, done a bit of research and whilst there are other entry level options it's six of one, half a dozen of the other in terms of my purposes. I just want something to sink my teeth into and learn on. So anyway having settled on the Rigol my question is are there any particular suppliers to avoid and/or to recommend? Doesn't appear to be a lot of options locally, what I've found is linked below, Emona and Core electronics appear to be it?

https://core-electronics.com.au/rigol-ds-1054z-oscilloscope.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjsbS-en_2QIVBJV-Ch1b2wMnEAQYASABEgIak_D_BwE

http://www.emona.com.au/products/electronic-test-measure/oscilloscopes/ds1054z.html#.WrM5RYhuYuU

Both $579 exGST. Am I missing something or is that all there is in AUS?

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 05:44:07 am by matpro76 »

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
Re: Rigol DS1054Z Australian Suppliers
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 01:08:05 pm »
Eyou Electronics in Mount Waverley is another source but I think they just get them from Emona and sell them for the same price, a couple of members here have stated that they ordered a scope from Tequipment in the US for around $510 AUD shipped, I don't know how true this is as they never bother to later confirm that they did actually receive a scope or how much the final purchase price was.

If this were the case then I would expect that the local authorised distributors down here would be rather annoyed to discover they were being undermined by fellow distributors in other countries, a lack of warranty or a dead on arrival unit would be my concern with imported equipment as the cost of returning one would be terribly expensive.

I appreciate that their margins might be tight but it's a shame that our local distributors don't offer a discount code or some other incentive to members here like others seem to do readily overseas, I could also be easily swayed into another purchase with very little enticement. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 07:50:31 am by Muttley Snickers »

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 12:40:11 am »
Thanks for that, hadn't considered bringing in a scope from overseas, in principle I think I'd rather support a local distributor unless the price difference is huge, warranty support is also good point. Having said that Tequipment have the DS1054Z for USD $349 or AUD $450 on today's exchange rate, huge difference in price. Still with shipping @ USD $101 it brings the total to USD $450 or AUD $585. Once GST is added to local pricing it's $637 so only $52 difference in it.

Eyou is the same price as the rest, surprised there isn't a little more competition on price locally. Still we're getting completely screwed on pricing either way, no way it costs USD $100 per unit for a local distributor to ship these across in bulk.

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 01:29:15 am »
Tequipment do list them on Ebay for slightly less than your figures and I think they also offer an additional discount for members of the forum but you would need to confirm this prior to purchase, and another reminder that warranty cover would be a concern. At your calculated price difference you simply wouldn't bother getting one bought over and the discussion in regards to the increased pricing has been raised many times before, John South from Emona even chimed in at one point to explain some of the reasons why.

Discount Code.   ::) :-[
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-rigol-ds1054z-oscilloscope/msg606898/#msg606898

Rigol DS-1054Z Tequipment Ebay.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rigol-DS1054Z-Digital-Oscilloscopes-Bandwidth-50-Mhz-Channels-4-/331941742120?

The following users thanked this post: matpro76

• Contributor
Re: Rigol Australian Suppliers
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 01:49:13 am »
Yeah I agree for $50 not worth the warranty hassle, however on the ebay option with lower shipping the difference now comes to AUD $120 which starts to become a serious consideration. I might give Emona a call and see if they can do anything on price, thinking of getting a DP-832 as well so perhaps some discounting can be had.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 05:44:36 am by matpro76 »

• Contributor
Re: Rigol Australian Suppliers
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 05:43:47 am »
Ended up getting 5% off, so $605 for the DS1054Z and $678 for the DP-832, both inc GST.  Just picked them both up.

The following users thanked this post: Muttley Snickers, AlanS

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf