Author Topic: Chinese XJW01 LCR digital bridge  (Read 3768 times)

Offline SpecmasterTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Chinese XJW01 LCR digital bridge
« on: January 24, 2017, 12:37:23 pm »
I have been reading through all the threads on here with regard to this LCR meter, having just purchased one following seeing a video on YouTube about this, I was impressed with its accuracy.

However, the manual the manual was missing from (as was a UK power lead!!) and the controls are not exactly logical to say the least, so I was wondering if anyone here has now purchased one of these beasts and could point me in the right direction on the best way to use it?

There is a calibration menu on the screen but how to calibrate it is not made clear at all. I did approach the Chinese vendor and they supplied the following link to download a manual, which is as clear as mud.

https://www.adrive.com/public/ffNYtG/LCR.doc

The unit was supplied with a Chinese power lead, despite being shipped to the UK? When contacted, the vendor stated that they did not have a UK power lead? But did offer a £3 refund which was helpful, it paid for a new plug top ha ha.

The unit is clearly a handmade unit, at least the case is and it makes no attempt to disguise the fact but for the ease of reading the display and its accuracy, especially given its low price point against units costing many times its selling price, its liveable with.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: Chinese XJW01 LCR digital bridge
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 01:29:11 pm »
Yeah none of the buttons do what you expect. IIRC the X button selects between auto, R, L and C. The F button switches the frequency range. You have to figure out how the device works 'monkey style': just push the button and note what happens. Still it is a good instrument to have due to it's pretty good accuracy even for low values.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline buildafriend

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 04:53:17 pm »
Tell me more please! The functions of each button makes no sense to me yet  :-BROKE
E-Prime only

Offline SteveSi

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 07:34:44 am »

Offline drumbum

• Contributor

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf