Author Topic: Rigol DS1054Z menu question  (Read 1408 times)

Offline raptor1956Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Rigol DS1054Z menu question
« on: January 05, 2018, 01:20:38 am »
I have the aforementioned scope and there's one thing that I'd like to know how to do.  If I connect up the probe to a signal and press the "Auto" button to get a baseline set of settings the right-hand list of menu options includes, fourth from the top, the icon to view the falling edge of the trace versus the normal/default rising edge.  But, if I press that icon to view the falling edge that menu disappears and I can't so easily switch back to rising edge.  I could pres the "Auto" button again and that will return the menu that includes the rising and falling edge icons but doing so means any other setting change I may have made is reset to whatever "Auto" comes up with.  I'v poked around looking for a way to return the menu but can't find it.  Any ideas?

Brian

Offline rbm

• Regular Contributor
Re: Rigol DS1054Z menu question
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 02:17:43 am »
When you press Auto key on the console, it sets the menu items to a few that are commonly needed, like positive and negative going slope trigger selection and long/short timebase.  These same functions are available on their respective menus.  The Slope functions are available in the Trigger menu.  The long and short timebase settings are available by rotating the horizontal timebase selection knob.

I hope that answers your question.
- Robert

Offline raptor1956Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rigol DS1054Z menu question
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 02:55:20 am »
When you press Auto key on the console, it sets the menu items to a few that are commonly needed, like positive and negative going slope trigger selection and long/short timebase.  These same functions are available on their respective menus.  The Slope functions are available in the Trigger menu.  The long and short timebase settings are available by rotating the horizontal timebase selection knob.

I hope that answers your question.

Yeah, I found it in the trigger menu -- it's a different set of icons but it does what I need.  Thanks for the tip...

Brian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf