Author Topic: A nice find@home - Leader LBO 524  (Read 1655 times)

Offline TurbonTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
A nice find@home - Leader LBO 524
« on: February 05, 2016, 02:24:14 pm »
Hi.

I have had this Leader since it was new in the -80'es. It was bought to an business of mine at the time and was never used much (at most a 1000h until today).
It has come to use once in a while since then but the last 5 years or so it began to be very picky about the vertical position, chA showed >+10% to little and x10 on chA wasn't usable - totally unreliable - the line just bouncing. I have thought of scrapping it more than a few times. So today as I gave it time I noticed that the protective plastic film has started to wear of in the corners  :-[ shows how much maintenance and care this have got in the past. Well I opened it and found some light dust inside but no spider web :). Brushed it of and it looks as new inside. The voltage tongues for choosing the volt/div was quite blackish so I presume they have silver plating. I used isopropyl alcohol on an earstick (is this the word?) to clean them. Then I jogged about everything for an hour and the scope is much better now. I plan to jog it a bit every day now for a week or two just to wear of the oxides that probably made it untrusty.

After that it is time for calibration and maybe replacement of some electrolytes - it is over 30years old even if it is hardly used.
I would welcome any leads on how to better it :D

Regards   

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
Re: A nice find@home - Leader LBO 524
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 02:29:07 pm »
I used isopropyl alcohol on an earstick (is this the word?)
Q-tip
Cotton tip
Cotton bud
... these are some I've heard - but there's probably others.

Good luck with the scope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf