Author Topic: Rigol DS1074Z rotary buttons acting like CH4 button  (Read 1739 times)

Offline georgsteTopic starter

Rigol DS1074Z rotary buttons acting like CH4 button
« on: August 17, 2016, 07:44:48 am »
Hi All,

My DS1074z appears to have developed an odd problem with the intensity button press. It appears it is now operating as the ‘CH4’ button. If entering text or trying to select and item ie (Probe multiplication, DC Coupling, or any other menu as it appears to do the same).

When entering text it will submit the character, however will exit out of the menu and still turn channel 4 on/off.

So far I have done the following
•   Upgrade from 04.01 to 04.04 (no change in behaviour)
•   Perform factory default (5th button pressed/released continuously while booting) – unit reset to Chinese so it worked. (no change in behaviour)
•   Insert USB stick on boot and pressed/released help continuously while booting to force firmware and re-applied. (no change in behaviour)
•   Uninstalled all options (no change in behaviour)

Does anyone else have any clues on this one? The unit is over 2 years old with under 50 hours on the clock so not expecting problems like this. The button hardware appears to be fine as it still works, but with new firmware and reset to factory defaults, cannot narrow it down to anything.

Thanks in advance.

Steven
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 10:14:11 am by georgste »

Re: Rigol DS1074Z intensity button acting like CH4 button
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 10:13:34 am »
Quick Update

* This problem actually seems to relate to all the buttons of the rotary encoders doing odd things. (Pushing the Trigger, large horizontal, small horizontal, large vertical and small vertical) rotary also changes channel 4 on/off status.
* To be clear a Self Cal was completed after each firmware upgrade.

Now that it appears to be all of the rotary encoders its looking more like hardware. Possibly one of the column/row lines not operating correctly.

Offline pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol DS1074Z rotary buttons acting like CH4 button
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 10:56:12 am »
How old is your scope? Is it still in warranty? I would send it back!

Re: Rigol DS1074Z rotary buttons acting like CH4 button
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 10:59:37 am »
Yeah, I thought it was only one year, but a look around tonight it appears it might be a 3 year warranty. I'll be calling Emona Instruments tomorrow to confirm.

Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf