Author Topic: Latest Word on Hantek Scopes ?  (Read 2109 times)

Offline MrAlTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Latest Word on Hantek Scopes ?
« on: January 27, 2017, 07:30:30 am »
Hello there,

So what is the latest word on the Hantek scopes 100MHz and 200MHz about 300.00 USD models?

Basically, are they any good or a waste of money?
I am coming from a mostly CRT but have used one small digital scope so any info at all would probably help.

Maybe a couple of specific questions to start with...
1.  Is the bandwidth really 100MHz (or 200MHz in the 200MHz model)
2.  Is the sampling rate really 1GSPS?
3.  Does it get hot?
4.  Does it draw a lot of current from the line (wattage)?
5.  Can any of them run on a battery pack, without an AC converter?
6.  Overall are they good scopes for the price category of around 300.00 USD?

1 & 2 & 6 most important.

Thanks for any info.

Offline Daruosha

• Regular Contributor
Re: Latest Word on Hantek Scopes ?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 12:48:11 pm »
Trust me on this: Hantek is crap. No more words. Stay way from anything produced by Hantek. That's it.

Save just a bit more, raise your budget to 400$ and get a Rigol DS-1054z (it's not the best scope in the world, but it's fairly decent and has a hug user community).

The following users thanked this post: MrAl

Offline iromero

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 03:07:31 pm »
I second this, as a hantek owner, I am disappointed, should have saved up a bit more and gotten a Rigol.

Offline timothyaag

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 04:00:24 pm »
I second this, as a hantek owner, I am disappointed, should have saved up a bit more and gotten a Rigol.

What are you guys disappointed by? I've only had mine for about 3 months and use it just a few times a week so I don't have a very strong opinion yet.

Offline snoopy

• Frequent Contributor
    • Analog Precision
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 11:21:20 pm »
I've had a Hantek 5202B since they came out. In those days the only other choice was a Rigol 1052 with a 320x240 display where the Hantek was a genuine 800x480 display. It has served me well over the years but now I have migrated to a Rigol DS1054Z for the extra channels and protocol analysis capabilities so the Hantek will be used as a spare scope in the workshop. I wouldn't call it crap but it does have its quirks which you can work around if you know about them.

cheers

Offline MrAlTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 10:54:35 am »
Hello again,

Thanks for the replies everyone.

So i see from the replies that this brand name works, but isnt that great.  I was hoping it would be a good buy but now i dont know. I did see one with 1M memory which looked good, but if the basic scope has problems i dont want to have to go through that.  A friend of mine bought a PC only scope (USB) with decent bandwidth, but the software was never right even after three updates, so i dont want to go that route.

I am coming from the CRT scope world but my CRT scope is so old now the pots are beginning to not work right anymore and the trigger is all messed up so i am lucky it triggers at all.

I was looking and looking and wondering what would be good to buy.  It sounds like Rigol is the batter name.

I did manage to pick up a small 1MSPS, 200kHz bandwidth digital scope, which is only 3 inches by 4 inches and about an inch thick, but of course it does have very limited bandwidth.  I wanted something portable so i could easily take it out to the car for some testing at some point, and this thing can run on batteries too so it's interesting.  As far as seeing MOSFET switching waves and such though it's just too slow, so only good for stuff like audio and similar.

So i guess i start looking at some Rigol scopes now then?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf