Author Topic: Rigol DS1104Z locking up while booting up.  (Read 3415 times)

Offline ReneTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Rigol DS1104Z locking up while booting up.
« on: November 28, 2014, 08:25:42 pm »
Hello,

About a month and a half ago, I purchased a Rigol DS1104Z. Everything was going OK until this morning when I tried to turn the oscilloscope on but was unable to do so.

Basically, when I turn the oscilloscope on, the oscilloscope buttons turn on and off and I hear a couple of clicks. After that, the oscilloscope goes silent and gets stuck showing the boot up screen (the screen showing nothing but the Rigol logo).

The scope has the original firmware and I have not tampered with it at all, its exactly in the same shape as it was when I received it from the factory.

I tried contacting technical support but it looks like they are not working today. Anyone knows if there is a way to do some sort of hard reset on the scope to see if I can make it snap out of its problem?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 03:53:47 am by Rene »

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol DS1104Z locking up while booting up.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 02:10:19 am »
Have you tried getting a download of your firmware revision (or newer), plugging into the USB port and turning it on?

Just to see if it will boot mind you, cancel out of actually updating the firmware.

Offline ReneTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 04:02:11 am »
Hi Nanofrog.

I tried doing that but it looks like you need to contact Rigol to get the firmware and they will probably not get back to me until Monday. I suppose I could download the firmware from some other site but I am not sure I want to do.

I was hoping there was an easy way to reset the scope, something like pressing some key while bottling up but that does not appears to be the case.

I just hope I don't have to send this back for repair. I can't believe this broke after just a few hours of use.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 07:52:17 am »
Hi Nanofrog.

I tried doing that but it looks like you need to contact Rigol to get the firmware and they will probably not get back to me until Monday. I suppose I could download the firmware from some other site but I am not sure I want to do.

I was hoping there was an easy way to reset the scope, something like pressing some key while bottling up but that does not appears to be the case.

I just hope I don't have to send this back for repair. I can't believe this broke after just a few hours of use.
Here's a direct download link for FW v.04.01.02.00 (7-zip format). Source.

Hope this helps get you up and running. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf