Author Topic: LeCroy WaveSurfer 24MXs-B Thread  (Read 3153 times)

Offline robert_Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
LeCroy WaveSurfer 24MXs-B Thread
« on: December 03, 2015, 09:55:36 pm »
Update: Now Lecroy Support+Repair experience thread.
Hi,

just recieved said scope. Looks just like described, perfect new condition, with protective foil still on the screen.
Now the reason this Thread is (yet) so short: Its already packed up again.
Turned it on, boots up into Win7 normally, Scope App launches and... strange noise, Black screen, refuses to turn on ever since. Well Crap.
Now calling the german LeCroy support tomorrow to arrange RMA and get it repaired.
Dont know what the hell failed, and why. Shipping damage maybe, but packaging and scope have no visible damage at all. No plans to look inside, Unit was made in mid-2015 and should really be covered by warranty.

I guess i should have videoed turning it on, so id at least have a FAIL video now.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:40:57 pm by robert_ »

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
Re: LeCroy WaveSurfer 24MXs-B Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 06:22:48 am »
That's unfortunate, but as these scopes have 3yrs warranty there shouldn't be any issue to get it fixed. I guess they will collect it and  send it to its Switzerland (Geneva) support center for repair. The turnaround time for normal repairs is 10 working days max if I remember right.

Please keep up posted how things progress, and once you have the scope back, how you're getting on with it.

Offline dom0

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 04:25:54 pm »
I guess you're the lucky one:)

Online joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 05:32:10 am »
If it's brand new and you bought it from a dealer, why wouldn't it be covered?   

Hope it works out for you.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 04:39:15 pm »
So, i called them on Friday and got called back and sent the shipping label on monday.
Scope was collected by DHL express today, so its on the way to switzerland now.
I hope whatever is faúlty is covered by warranty.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 07:18:56 pm »
So, Update:
Scope sent in on Dec09, repair finished Dec 28, scope recieved Jan 04. Power supply replaced on warranty.
Now it does boot and indeed works fine for the first hour, then i got a blue screen with some distorted remaints of the UI, which clears up when lightly bumping the case but will reappear soon.
Great, now its got a contact problem somewhere on the display. Would be easy to fix but that would cost me my warranty, which is something i wont risk on this device...
Scope sent back again today...

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 07:28:25 pm »
I guess you're the lucky one:)
How lucky is that? Perhaps the scope has been send back numerous times without getting fixed properly? There is a reason when a new scope gets dumped on Ebay. If it develops problems after the second time it has been 'repaired' I'd aim for getting a replacement.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf