Author Topic: Rigol DS2000 series oscilloscopes - how to preserve settings across power cycle?  (Read 3190 times)

Dave92F1

Sorry for the dumb question, but is there a way to get the DS2000 to automatically remember scope settings between power cycles?

Right now every time I power up it's always at 1x probes, etc...a pain.

I know how to manually load and save settings, but is there a way to make it automatically load settings at power-on?

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
It should just do it automatically...  :-//

The following users thanked this post: newbrain

Offline CustomEngineerer

• Frequent Contributor
Are you really too lazy to read the manual?

"Power-off Recall"

Dave92F1

"Power-off Recall"

I'm not too lazy, since I did read it, but I may be too stupid to understand the Chinglish, or too old and forgetful to have memorized everything I read, or too morally inadequate to just suffer with having to change the settings each time I start up without asking here for help. Or I just have some other personal failings you didn't mention.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. Once I searched on "recall" in the PDF version I found the Utility>System>Power On setting. (Since this wasn't discussed in the Store/Recall section of the manual.)

While I have your attention, anybody know how to set the pop-out menus to disappear by themselves after a timeout?

(I'm sure it's somewhere, but it's not under "Operation MENU" in the manual. I'd happily proofread the manual for English if I thought Rigol would pay attention to the corrections. I actually emailed them a long list of corrections for an older model - never got any reply.)

---------

Added: Nevermind, I found it by brute force search. Display>MenuDisplay.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 04:29:38 am by Dave92F1 »

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor

Kids today! These days they expect to just be able to turn on a complex instrument with thousands of functions and start using it.  Back when I was a lad it took you a whole month of page turning and studying the schematics just to figure out how to power the thing on.

You don't even have to read manuals these days. These days we have full online text search with regular expressions, etc.

I found it by brute force search. Display>MenuDisplay.
Did that take twenty seconds, or thirty? :box:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 12:57:47 pm by Fungus »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
Quote from: Dave92F1 link=topic=76938.msg1064748#msg1064748

Added: Nevermind, I found it by brute force search. Display>MenuDisplay.

That will not save you from the stupid DS2000 thing forgetting its 50 Ohm input setting. It sometimes sets it right, sometimes it does not, and i could not figure out the pattern. It was easier to get rid of the stupid thing then fight with it.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf