Author Topic: Hong-Kong Electronics shops?  (Read 2149 times)

Offline acbernTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Hong-Kong Electronics shops?
« on: September 16, 2015, 08:25:18 pm »
I am planning to go to Hong-Kong in October. Does anybody have any recommendations where to buy electronics surplus parts or surplus test equipment. Looking for some kind of an outlet, rather than a normal shop (so not a Digikey-like shop with Digikey-like standard prices; I can as well order there online).
Thanks

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
Re: Hong-Kong Electronics shops?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 08:39:16 pm »
PM Franky Tong here.  I'm sure he can tell you.

Online trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 09:45:18 pm »
Get a visa for China and catch the train to Shenzhen. It is maybe an hour and really cheap to travel there. You can stay in a hotel for a night or two and enjoy the electronics markets there. Check out dangerousprototypes.com for more information as Ian who runs that site lives there and is really welcoming of people. That is going to be a lot more fun than HK for electronics stuff

Trev

Offline Maxlor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 11:14:38 pm »
Apliu street market is worth a visit if your into electronics. There's a bit of everything there, from shops selling (new) test gear, to LED grab bins. It took me about 3 hours to casually go through everything they have on offer there. If you're looking for a huge selection or rare stuff, you'll probably have to hit Shenzen.

Offline acbernTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 06:09:03 am »
Thanks so far, have been at Apliu, found some nice Oscons there, but that was about it. Want to avoid Shenzen, since my stay in HK is pretty short anyway. I had hoped that there is something similar to the Shezen shops also in HK, will also ask FT.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf