Author Topic: Rigol firmware downloads without request form  (Read 2833 times)

Offline thn788Topic starter

• Contributor
Rigol firmware downloads without request form
« on: November 08, 2015, 09:10:38 am »
Hi everybody

Seems Rigol has started providing direct firmware downloads without going through the well known "Firmware Update Request" form. Just have a look at the product pages on int.rigol.com. For many products you find firmware download links on the right side in the "Software Download" boxes. Unfortunately not for all: at least for the bench multimeters there still seems to be no firmware. But for most other products they seem to have firmware download links and least for the DS1000Z-, DS2000- and DP8xx-lines you get the most current firmware listed on the "Firmware Update Request"-form.

Unfortunately neither release notes, nor any information on which firmware version you're currently downloading. Just "black-box" unversioned rar-archives, which you have to unpack to see which version you got. Maybe that's just preparation for the holiday season? After all Christmas gifts have to be unpacked first, as well, before you see what you get... ;-)

Regards

Offline mcinque

• Supporter
  • I know that I know nothing
Re: Rigol firmware downloads without request form
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 11:38:16 am »
That page is available since many months, I guess it's their response to thousands "there is any firmware update for my unit?" questions.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf