Author Topic: RIGOL Launches RSA5000 Series, the First Real-Time Spectrum Analyzer in China  (Read 14395 times)

Offline simone.pignattiTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Big news from RIGOL launching a brand new series of real-time and sweep mode spectrum analyzers.
RSA5032 9kHz - 3.2GHz
RSA5032-TG 9kHz - 3.2GHz with tracking generator
RSA5065 9kHz - 6.5GHz
RSA5065-TG 9kHz - 6.5GHz with tracking generator

real time analysis bandwidth: 1MHz - 10MHz - 25MHz - 40MHz

http://www.rigol.com/Product/Model/92/1605

Technical Support

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
If they are going to keep making these instruments taller and slimmer to get the nice big screens most of us prefer, maybe they need to start thinking of instrument design more like monitor design. It looks like this instrument has little flip out feet to make is more stable, but that's a pretty weak solution. It looks like pressing the uppermost buttons is going to be pretty annoying.

Offline dpenev

• Regular Contributor
Somebody with experience please compare real time (fft based) and standard (heterodyne sweep type) spectrum Analyzers in terms of accuracy?

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
IMHO it would make more sense to come up with a 'cheap' network analyser.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: Yansi

Offline jjoonathan

• Frequent Contributor
> CNY:0

The price is most agreeable  ;D

Seriously, though, has anyone seen actual prices somewhere?

• Frequent Contributor
I think they are still loading the data into the website.
Prices for EU (US?) are not defined yet, looking at the products I would say between euro 5000 to 15000 (basic 3.2 to full opt 6.5) but this is a guess only.
We will all know more around end of January.
Technical Support

• Frequent Contributor
If they are going to keep making these instruments taller and slimmer to get the nice big screens most of us prefer, maybe they need to start thinking of instrument design more like monitor design. It looks like this instrument has little flip out feet to make is more stable, but that's a pretty weak solution. It looks like pressing the uppermost buttons is going to be pretty annoying.
We have tried the beta unit at the beginning of the year in China during the introduction of the new chipset, the unit seemed to be pretty stable (it is touch screen). The unit weights almost 5kg.
Technical Support

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
It didn't take them long to copy the new Keysight styling  :-DD

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
It didn't take them long to copy the new Keysight styling  :-DD
They learn fast. It took Keysight ages to copy it from LeCroy.  :)

The following users thanked this post: Fungus, JPortici, CharlieEcho

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
Another piece of shit from rigol.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
Another piece of shit from rigol.
Its great to see a finely reasoned argument like that. Bravo.

The following users thanked this post: bitwelder, egonotto, thm_w, mark03, Fungus, blueskull, luma, jjoonathan, Fire Doger, Jacon, Mr. Scram

Offline Kilo Tango

• Regular Contributor
Why does it give a complex trace without any input plugged in ?

have they got that young lady from Tek to give her opinion on it ?   

Ken

Sorry, I'm bored....................................................

Offline 1design

• Regular Contributor
It will all be up to the VSA SW they will offer. Once you have those 40 MHz of real time BW it is all down to what you can do with it, how you can present and process that data. So we should be looking for WiFi, LTE, Bluetooth, Pulse(Radar), FDD demodulation etc. Until those are presented and reviewed, it is more or less useless, it makes nice screenshots :-DMM

The only really good VSA SW is still the Keysight VSA. TEK is doing good work in that region with their VSA SW, but still it is far from being as robust and reliable as the Keysight tools.

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
I hope, Rigol will send one unit to Shahriar from The Signal Path so he can do a review on it.
I always appreciate his reviews on testgear.  :)     :-+

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, Yansi, Fire Doger, Jacon

Offline Fire Doger

• Regular Contributor
  • Stefanos
I hope, Rigol will send one unit to Shahriar from The Signal Path so he can do a review on it.
I always appreciate his reviews on testgear.  :)     :-+
Shahriar totally knows what he is talking about, plus he has a nice accent and cool gear for testing. If anyone from Rigol reads this send him a unit :-+

Offline asmi

• Super Contributor
Shahriar totally knows what he is talking about, plus he has a nice accent and cool gear for testing. If anyone from Rigol reads this send him a unit :-+
Unfortunately most of the stuff he tests cost more than my car :(

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
Unfortunately most of the stuff he tests cost more than my car :(
Ah, the great car comparison. Anyone with an expensive hobby knows this one. Tell people how much your <insert expensive tool used for your hobby> costs and the commonest response is "I could buy a used car for that".  :)

Offline asmi

• Super Contributor
Ah, the great car comparison. Anyone with an expensive hobby knows this one. Tell people how much your <insert expensive tool used for your hobby> costs and the commonest response is "I could buy a used car for that".  :)
It doesn't make it any less true :( I wish I could afford all that gear, as I definitely have uses for it, but for now I have to improvise.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
The fun part is that cars can be bought for almost any amount, in varying states of disrepair. Saying "you could buy a car for that" is as valid for a $100 piece of kit as it is for something costing a million bucks.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Learn another one: Yaigol
I think it means "mudslinging Siglent distributor", no?

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: exe, Jacon

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Sinophobia.
I learnt a word.
Learn another one: Yaigol
So let's continue in the same tone:

Repeat after me : " we need to solder capacitors to the board too.. It seems that you cannot do that in firmware update... and stupid users are bothering us about this.. lets just send them some in mail, they can solder them themselves if it so important to them, them spoiled brats.."

What do you call that, Siglentcastrophy ? Siglentmagedon? LOL.

I usually enjoy your quality contributions to the forum, good information about Siglent equipment, and your help to many forum users. It is appreciated and is something to be proud of.. I respect that.

But this, seriously, don't get offended, but this was a bad form and in this topic nothing called for it.

Also, that very user that coined that phrase, is the one that is known for racist, xenophobic, sinophobic, homophobic and all kinds of hate statements on this forum.. And don't you worry, the hates your "Chinese shit Siglent" with same passion.... And probably you for "peddling that Chinese shit "

P.S. unfortunately, my sense of humor is not very good, and not for the lack of trying.. I tried to strike a humorous note.. I probably failed, sorry..

Regards,

Sinisa

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
Many people suggest there is a clear gap between Chinese and EU/US brands in terms of quality. I think it's proven many times this is just wrong. No vendor is ideal, all major manufacturers do mistakes. One may say western companies handle problems "differently", but I'd say there is a big variation from case-to-case basis. Srsly, how problems with jitter on a 4-5-years old model can be used to extrapolate on yet-unrelease gear?

So, for me no matter where the new product comes from, only thorough reviews and can show the quality (still no protection from bad batches). So, I don't look at labels anymore, it is quite pointless nowdays (esp. with all that rebranding stuff when western companies just sell rebaged good).

Also, it looks like Chinese companies are catching up with more established brands. Let's see the market situation in 10 years...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf