Author Topic: Teardown, Repair & Calibration of a Fluke PM6680B 225MHz Frequency Counter  (Read 1585 times)

Offline HugoneusTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • The Signal Path Video Blog
You can watch the video here: [46 Minutes]
youtu.be/JiO3OoMfwXQ

More videos at The Signal Path:
http://www.TheSignalPath.com

Offline bktemp

• Super Contributor
Great video as always.
The 431 voltage reference would have been the last part I would habe checked. Quite unusual to see one fail.
If you still have the part, could you compare its behaviour to a new part? It could be interesting to see how it is different. Since the power supply was still in regulation, the 431 was not complete dead.

At the end of the video you made a mistake: You can not calculate the power consumption by only measuring the current, because all the filter caps in the power supply create a large reactive power.

• Frequent Contributor
Great video as always.
The 431 voltage reference would have been the last part I would habe checked. Quite unusual to see one fail.
If you still have the part, could you compare its behaviour to a new part? It could be interesting to see how it is different. Since the power supply was still in regulation, the 431 was not complete dead.

At the end of the video you made a mistake: You can not calculate the power consumption by only measuring the current, because all the filter caps in the power supply create a large reactive power.

Thanks, I recognize that the current consumption is not all due to the resistive element. However, I did measure the 5V DC supply, and it is about 3.5W and some more from the other two supplies.

• Frequent Contributor
By the way, if anyone is interested to buy this unit, let me know.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf