Author Topic: Rigol MSO1104: Hide Channel When Using Math?  (Read 1203 times)

Offline eev_carlTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Rigol MSO1104: Hide Channel When Using Math?
« on: July 25, 2018, 02:46:04 pm »
Hi,

I found an EEVBlog post that says you can't hide a channel, say CH1, that's involved in a MATH operation.  It was from 2015 and I was wondering if this may have been added since.

Thanks,
Carl

Online hexreader

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rigol MSO1104: Hide Channel When Using Math?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 03:00:17 pm »
As far as I can tell, there is no "hide" option for Channel display, only an "off" option, which kills the signal completely, making math with the channel meaningless.

Moving the signal to top or bottom of screen reduces the display to a single line, which seems to be closest I can get to hiding the signal.

My scope was bought December 2016, but I do not think there has been any update since.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:21:03 pm by hexreader »

The following users thanked this post: eev_carl

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 04:15:00 pm »
Moving the signal to top or bottom of screen reduces the display to a single line, which seems to be closest I can get to hiding the signal.

I think math works with the 'on-screen' data so that isn't really an option. 

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 04:21:55 pm by Fungus »

Online hexreader

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 05:02:45 pm »
If you push the signals just a "little" way off screen, the math function seems to work, but push "too far" and the math display becomes inaccurate.

Trouble is - how would anyone know they have gone "too far" when the signal is not visible?

Sensibly, I guess it is best to keep all signals fully visible in order to have confidence that the processing will be done correctly.

I think this principle applies to the other measurement functions too. If it is not visible, don't count on the scope giving a correct result.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf