Author Topic: UnionTest UDGxxxx generators (Siglent SDG5xxxx)  (Read 2551 times)

Offline SiriTopic starter

• Contributor
UnionTest UDGxxxx generators (Siglent SDG5xxxx)
« on: May 18, 2015, 02:59:33 pm »
On the Russian market (and possibly elsewhere) comes a line of Siglent signal generators under the brand UnionTest

Below I suggest the owners of generators UnionTest to discuss questions with regards to these versions of generators.

My first message is a warning to owners of Russian version of the signal generators under the brand UnionTest to update the factory firmware (in Russian)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:18:04 pm by Siri »

• Contributor
Re: UnionTest UDGxxxx generators (Siglent SDG5xxxx)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:55:31 pm »
Anyone tried to install new firmware on UnionTest UDGxxxx?

Online pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 08:34:09 am »
Isn't the brand Siglent available itself on the Russian market?

If so, what's the point of buying an OEM branded Siglent instead of a genuine Siglent?

The only thing which I can come up with is price.

But I don't expect because of looks and design, as typically the OEM branded versions have ugly colors.
I guess it's the same with the UnionTest :)

My suggestion is to always go for the original manufacturer. Better warranty process. Better support. Better looks :)

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 03:16:48 pm »
My suggestion is to always go for the original manufacturer. Better warranty process. Better support

Siglent seems to have a support center in Russia but that doesn't necessarily mean the warranty processes are better.

Same with support. Even in the west Siglent's support efforts aren't exactly stellar, and in some cases so bad that it would be difficult for someone to offer something worse.

Even more, and contrary to what you say, warranty and product support of some of its OEM customers (like LeCroy) are actually significantly better than with Siglent itself.

Better looks :)

I guess you have never seen a LeCroy WaveAce (a rebadged Siglent SDS1000 scope) or WaveStation (rebadged Siglent SDG1000 and SDG5000 generators) then  ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:44:31 pm by Wuerstchenhund »

Online pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 08:23:42 pm »
I was refering to rebadging in Russia and local support in Russia :)

I know about LeCroy. But not all people like black test gear. Some people might like it.
Personal taste I guess.

Hard to imagine that a local Russian brand can provide better support than Siglent.
Of course LeCroy will provide better support than Siglent. That's not questioned whatsoever :)

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 02:31:38 pm »
Bad news. The generator SDG5162 output sine signal has a dirty spectrum (large phase noise), and error in the output signal level. level setting error progresses with increasing frequency and reaches 2dB(!), there is poor quality inside switchable attenuator.

Those who chooses a laboratory generator I do not recommend to choose SIGLENT equipment. Bad parameters and bad customer support, which is not responding.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 02:54:15 pm by Siri »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf