Author Topic: R&S CMU200 audio from speaker?  (Read 1285 times)

Offline TorkrenchTopic starter

R&S CMU200 audio from speaker?
« on: December 11, 2018, 12:37:49 pm »
I posted this somewhere else but I'm not sure if it has been seen.  I have the B41 hardware option, but when I am in the audio analyzer, I don't get any sound from the speaker on the CMU200.  I thought it should output the audio that is being analyzed from the audio input port.  Is there some option that has to be turned on that I'm not aware of?  I don't see anything in the manual and the VOL button doesn't do anything.  I've checked inside and the coax cable from the speaker to the B41 card is connected.  I've scoped the jack for the speaker coax connection as well and there's no signal there.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
Re: R&S CMU200 audio from speaker?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 01:56:32 pm »
Good question, yes it did get seen elsewhere, sometimes you have to be patient before you get an answer as not everybody logs in every day.

I'm not aware (or don't remember) if you can use the internal CMU200 speaker, there are videos on Youtube that show how you can recover audio from a signal though, here's one:

But it uses the audio out BNCs and not the internal speaker.

Offline ps

• Contributor
Re: R&S CMU200 audio from speaker?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 09:27:36 pm »
According to the User Manual, the speaker is not used up to now. It may be supported in future software revisions.

But it is unlikely that there will be any, because the CMU200 has been discontinued.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf