Author Topic: Pawnshop Score Amprobe AM-91 "Yellow" rubber case  (Read 3989 times)

Offline Doc38343Topic starter

• Contributor
Pawnshop Score Amprobe AM-91 "Yellow" rubber case
« on: June 10, 2015, 12:48:32 am »
 I picked up this meter for $25 today at a pawn shop. It looks pretty good and has all the best needed functions for electronics bench. I was able to download the manual for it online but strange... no photos of it. Not one listed on EBAY or any where else. when I found a equipment site that had AM-91 it was discontinued and orange but not the one I just bought.
  This one says Dual display under the selector dial and in blue it says AC+DC True RMS DMM just below the model number just below the ohm V+ probe. Left side it has CAT III and the amp probes has 10A and 400mA. Voltage rated at 1000V and 750V.
It has record feature, hold, is back lit, sort, crest and relative features.
It is in surprisingly good condition beside the dirty rubber (looks like a mechanic must have used it).

Well... I've read and watched a lot of the videos and chat about meters and I "THINK" I made a good find and ok purchase for $25, but I do wish I could have found a "New Price" and then a "used price" to to know .....

Do any of you guys know this meter's value per chance?  :-DMM
(phones dead photo later)
Thanks

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
Re: Pawnshop Score Amprobe AM-91 "Yellow" rubber case
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 04:12:53 am »
You got a really good deal!  :-+

Amprobe doesn't make any multimeters.  They rebrand other manufacturers as their own.  Yours is a Brymen.  Right now, I don't have time to match which one, but see

http://www.brymen.com/product-html/index.html

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 06:08:50 am »
The AM-91 is a Brymen BM837.  See

http://www.brymen.com/product-html/cata830/Bm830L1.htm

The Megger M8000 series is definitely a Brymen.  The Megger M8037 just has a different looking front sticker, but it is definitely a Brymen BM837.

http://www.tequipment.net/MeggerM8037.html

The list price on tequipment was $136 USD, but given all the functionality, I would say this is underpriced.

It may have been sold as a Greenlee and Extech brands as well, but I will leave it to you to find those models if you are really interested.

Again, for $25, you got a fantastic deal.  :-+  I would easily pay $25 for this meter.

PS. The yellow holster holds its value better!  :-DD
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:25:04 am by retiredcaps »

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 06:50:05 am »
Just a thought, some Dad is probably looking for it right now not knowing one of his kids pawned the meter to get some dope.

Then again, maybe it was someone that really needed to part with it and needed the cash, but then it would end up on Ebay instead of just getting about $10 or so for it so that the pawn could sell it for a mere $25.

At least it ended up on someone that will appreciate the value.

Offline Doc38343Topic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 02:55:11 pm »
WOW! Thanks for the input.... I searched for a couple of hours only to come up empty handed.

I felt like it was better than a $50 meter.... It just has a ton of features and measurements are close to the Fluke 87V I just got so i was impressed. It also cleaned up really well and appears to have been barely used (if ever). Probes are perfect and in like new condition as well. Later I'm going to "crack er open" and check the fuses but I am already very happy with this find.
 :-DMM  :-+ :-+ :-+
Couple of pics attached:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf