Author Topic: SainSmart DDS120 & DDS140 USB Oscilloscope  (Read 234665 times)

Offline psynapse

• Regular Contributor
  • I tried, and I failed
Re: SainSmart DDS120 & DDS140 USB Oscilloscope
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2014, 01:41:59 am »
I agree, that's pretty stupid of me. An old man with a poor memory. Sorry.

The executable version is windows ..... so I will have to recompile from source under linux and QT ... expect this to take time... I am not clear whether the mmark version of the source is the most current , but will give it a go.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 01:52:52 am by psynapse »

Offline bobi_dunkel

« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2014, 08:43:59 am »
I agree, that's pretty stupid of me. An old man with a poor memory. Sorry.
The executable version is windows ..... so I will have to recompile from source under linux and QT ... expect this to take time... I am not clear whether the mmark version of the source is the most current , but will give it a go.

No problem i have problem with memory also  ;) . It seems that Mr "ganzuul" is the compiler of "Lediosope" for windows.
I was hoping he will find the answer for longer time base left shift.
But again maybe it is the problem of OpenHantek and I need to contact the author.

Offline mmark

• Contributor
« Reply #202 on: December 08, 2014, 04:39:15 am »
Hi everybody.
I have stumbled on this thread in May, only a few posts. 5 days ago went through my favorites
and happy to see 14 pages of posts  :). Reading it since… 
What to say, great job, really great job.
I have DD120 and if you need some help please let me know.
I can be some beta tester because my knowledge of eeprom and programing is really limited. Personally bought this scope for automotive sensor testing.
And it is doing a great job. The only thing lacking in original software is longer time base. (60sec or even longer 5 min)
So I have downloaded Ledioskope (a.k.a OpenHantek for DD120). It is working really well.
The problem is when I select longer time base. It shifts the display to the left. If i select 5min the wave becomes one red dot in left corner.
What am I doing wrong?
Please see the attached pics.

Bobi,

did you try to switch to 'Large Buffer Size'? (Menu Oscilloscope => Buffer Size => Large)? This will give you 32768 samples (the default is Small=2048), therefore the displayed trace will be longer.

I did not implement a rolling update or a continuous sampling yet, so even with the larger buffer you eventually will run out of samples. The reason for that is that the DDS120 has a minimum hardware sample rate of 240kHz. With the large buffer (32768 samples), the maximum total time is 32768 / 240 kHz = 136.5ms. So if you select a time basis larger 10 ms/div (= 100ms total), there wont be enough data to display...

Mark

Offline bobi_dunkel

« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2014, 01:10:13 pm »
Mark,
You are right. Wen I select bigger buffer I can go to 500ms , but at 1 s  , have left shift of wave data.
So it is buffer issue. Waiting for your continuous sampling  :-+

Offline doctormord

• Regular Contributor
  • !nop
    • #fine_arts & #electronics - 360customs.de
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2014, 03:18:07 pm »
@psynapse,

RichardK released the sources of his open6022BE project:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-6022be-20mhz-usb-dso/msg566881/#msg566881

https://jumpshare.com/v/bviO41a4x8CiAaSSbama

You may have a look at it.

A binary to play with is available here, it features a demo mode.

https://jumpshare.com/v/q1Spmyw0dk7BmnRd77tk

Regards,

Christian
#fine_arts & #electronics  - www.360customs.de

Offline psynapse

• Regular Contributor
  • I tried, and I failed
« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2014, 11:14:09 am »
Doctormord,

Thanks for the heads up.  I will download the files when France Telecom repair the lines to our village ... At the moment I have only got 2.5G GSM mobile and a limited download package.

Regards

Offline MengPeng

• Contributor
  • Learning electronics the hard way - :P
« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2014, 12:58:39 am »
I've just plugged my new DDS120 into my Win XP Acer Travelmate 8204WLMi laptop (ca 2006) and can't even get the supplied software to open - it gives me the splash page saying it's v.1.2 and then I get a Windows message saying it had to close the program V6.1.0...  So I looked around for some other software that might run it and came across this blog, which seems to be quite a bit over my head, and I'm hoping someone here can guide me to getting the DDS120 running. 

I read most of the posts, and I saw Bobi's message about Ledioskope, so I downloaded and extracted the Ledioskope zip file and opened the OpenHantek program but that's as far as I got.  There's an error message on the bottom of the screen saying "Couldn't open device 005:003: Operation not supported or unimplemented on this platform".  Can anybody help me out here?  It's my first oscilloscope and I'd really like to get it to work!

Offline bobi_dunkel

« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2014, 07:38:25 pm »
Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Did you installed drivers for dd120? Any errors?. For sainsmatrt program to run correctly you have to install net.framework2. It is on cd.
Also plug dds120 on some win8 machine. Drivers are already installed. Then start ledioscope it will work. Then we can help you install it on acer.

Offline MengPeng

• Contributor
« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2014, 10:08:48 pm »
Hi Bobi, and thanks for your reply.  It inspired me to tackle the DDS120 again, and I’ve tried a bunch of things but the DDS120 programs (both v1.2 and v1.3) still crash on opening so I’m puzzled about that, and also OpenHantek still gives me "Couldn't open device 005:003: Operation not supported or unimplemented on this platform" .  I'm puzzled! 

To answer your questions, yes I did install the drivers and didn’t get an error message.  When I connected the DDS120, I got the “Found New Hardware” wizard and pointed it to the drivers in the package I downloaded from the site mentioned in the Amazon product description.  (I thought those would be the latest version, but that’s where I got v1.2 of the DDS120 software package, and the installation cd that came with the unit has v1.3 so I guess that’s later.) 

The DDS120 shows up in Device Manager as "WinUsb Device (NULL)" under "Universal Serial Bus devices".  I don't know what (NULL) means.  There’s no yellow “!” or “?” showing, so I think the driver installed successfully.  Does your unit show up as "WinUsb Device (NULL)"?

I did install .NET 2.0 using the dotnetfx20 installer on the installation cd.  To get that to work I first had to uninstall the .NET frameworks 3.5, 3.0, and 2.0.  The DDS120 programs (both v1.2 and v1.3) still crash on startup and OpenHantek (Ledioskope) can't open the device.

All of this happened while DDS120 was plugged into a powered USB hub, but the same thing happens when I plug directly into the laptop’s USB port.  I am using the cable supplied with the DDS120.

Sorry about the long post, but I wanted to make sure I covered all possible sources of error!  I don’t have a Windows 8 machine to play with but am thinking of getting one.  Anyway, it’s nice to know others have got this thing to work properly, so I’ll persevere but would appreciate any ideas you might have!

Regards,
Cam

Offline MengPeng

• Contributor
« Reply #209 on: December 20, 2014, 04:53:08 am »
Just a quick update - I have an HP Stream 7 running Win 8.1 and the DDS120 software runs fine on it, even without the DDS120 hardware connected, so I think my aging Acer might be the problem of the crashing but I don't know why.  Anyway, a possible work around is an OTG cable to a Powered USB  hub, plug the DDS120 into that, see if that works.  Ordered an OTG cable, will update you all when I know more...

Offline bobi_dunkel

« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2014, 08:04:00 pm »
Hi Cam,
Great , your dd120 is working you have problem with driver on xp. When you connect it to xp and go to computer management it will show as Buudai - Oscillagraph. Please don't use usb hub. Plug it directly to usb. Download this software Usbdeview http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1004.  Use it to remove any bad usb driver. Then reboot and you can install drivers again. You have to get device Buudai. Then it will work with ledioscope. After that we can solve the stock program issue.

Offline MengPeng

• Contributor
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2014, 09:44:13 pm »
Hi Bobi!  Thanks so much for your reply, and I think you’re correct that my problem with Leidoskope not being able to open my DDS120 is that I don't have the correct driver installed.  I right-clicked on the DDS120 shown as "WinUsb Device (NULL)" in the Device Manager, checked its properties and saw that there were no drivers installed for this device! 
I downloaded USBDeview (cool program - thanks for showing me that!) and see the WinUsb (NULL) device in the list, but it shows that it’s not connected so nothing happened when I clicked on the red X to disconnect it.  So I tried disabling it, and rebooted.  My expectation was that this would delete the device's driver and that when I next connected the DDS120 I would be prompted by the New Hardware Wizard to point at a proper driver.  I was amazed to see that did not happen: when I connected the DDS120 I got no New Hardware message, and when I looked in the Device Manager, there was that "WinUsb Device (NULL)" again.  (I'm positive that's my DDS120, because when I unplug it, the "WinUsb Device (NULL)" disappears.)
So I gave up using USBDeview and tried updating the drivers by right-clicking on the device in Device Manager and selecting “Update Drivers”.  Then I browsed to the driver location (trying the driver from both from the install cd and the one in the package I downloaded from the Amazon page where they say to get the latest drivers), but the Hardware Update Wizard tells me the update was unsuccessful because it couldn't find a better match for the hardware than the currently installed driver.  Pretty puzzling since the Device Manager Properties says there’s no driver installed or required.  So right now I’m stymied?  Any ideas? 
One possibility is that maybe I’m not using USBDeview correctly:  I not sure what you mean “use it to remove any bad usb driver” – I could see that I could select my device and disable it, or disconnect it if it was connected, but couldn’t figure out how to remove a driver - maybe I’m missing something…  When I look at the properties using USBDeview, it says that there is a driver installed, WinUsb Device (NULL), v1.0.0.0, but I couldn’t delete it or anything..
Regards,
Cam

Offline MengPeng

• Contributor
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2014, 09:47:08 pm »
I forgot to mention that USBDeviewer says my DDS120's device name is "USB102" in case that's important. 

Offline doctormord

• Regular Contributor
  • !nop
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2014, 10:15:18 pm »
USB102 is right.

Offline MengPeng

• Contributor
« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2014, 11:09:51 pm »
Thanks, Doctormord!  So as per USBDeview, Device Name is "USB102", Device Type is "WinUsb Device (NULL)" and that is all correct?  What about the Buudai Oscilloscope that Bobi mentioned?  I thought he meant that would be the name that Device Manager showed, but it appears I misunderstood.  Maybe that's the name his DDS120 shows in USBDeview?
Also, I thought it made sense what Bobi said about there being a driver error, because in Device Manager, it tells me there are no drivers installed for "WinUsb Device (NULL)"..  But I think I'll leave the driver issue alone for awhile, it's hurting my head.
If the drivers ARE ok, though, perhaps the problem is related to the fact that my DDS120 known as "USB102" is shown as not connected, even though it is!  Maybe that's why OpenHantek can't open it?  Anyway, I am learning a lot, mostly about how much I don't know! 
I really appreciate the help!

Offline doctormord

• Regular Contributor
  • !nop
« Reply #215 on: December 22, 2014, 12:07:06 am »
Normally, the devices will get recognized by their VID/PID. Could you check for this?

Please try this drivers:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5641160/DDS120_Driver_XP_Win7.zip

Offline MengPeng

• Contributor
« Reply #216 on: December 22, 2014, 03:17:04 am »
Hi Doctormord - thanks for your reply!  Here's what I get from USBDeview's properties record "Instance ID", the only place I could find VID/PID: "USB\Vid_8102&Pid_8102\5&bbb2cc8&0&3"  Does that make sense?  Don't know what it means..
Also, I tried to update the driver for the WinUsb (NULL) device and pointed it to the new drivers you made available to me (thanks!), but the wizard again saying it couldn't find a better match for the software than what I already had installed..  Starting to seem like it's not a driver problem, but I'm in over my head for sure, dunno what's going on.
I ran "driverquery" from the command line, got a verbose list of all the drivers, saved it to a csv file, opened it in Excel and sorted on the Date column, but there was no driver created/modified when I installed the drivers for the DDS120, so again, I'm confused!  Still learning a lot and not tearing my hair out yet, approaching this in a calm, measured manner, prior to the scorched earth, nuke'n'pave approach I intend to take later.  Sure appreciate your efforts to help me! 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:20:33 am by MengPeng »

Offline doctormord

• Regular Contributor
  • !nop
« Reply #217 on: December 22, 2014, 04:53:48 am »
"No better match" sounds like you used the "driver wizard" rather than selecting manual install by "have disk".

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-030331.htm

Offline MengPeng

• Contributor
« Reply #218 on: December 22, 2014, 06:03:26 am »
omg!  It worked!  Thanks, Doctormord - I had to click "Have Disk" to select the location to force it to install the driver from!  So now Ledioskope (OpenHantek) recognizes the DDS120, I could measure the 1kHz clock signal, and I'm about to start exploring the marvel of pc-based oscilloscopes.  Thanks so much for your help, Bobi and Doctormord.  Bobi, the DDS120 shows up in Device Manager as Buudai>Osillagraph just like you said it should.  So happy.

Offline MengPeng

• Contributor
« Reply #219 on: December 22, 2014, 06:10:23 am »
PS Doctormord - tried to go to your website  www.360custom.de, got a "not available" message from my chrome browser...  I'd like to support the people that help me.

Offline bobi_dunkel

« Reply #220 on: December 22, 2014, 07:52:05 am »
Hi Cam,

Great , glad you sorted it out  :)

Best regards,
bobi

Offline doctormord

• Regular Contributor
  • !nop
« Reply #221 on: December 22, 2014, 12:14:37 pm »
PS Doctormord - tried to go to your website  www.360custom.de, got a "not available" message from my chrome browser...  I'd like to support the people that help me.

Glad that it works now. 360customs is up and running.

Edit:

seems like my signature is "fuck*d" up.. :D

www.360customs.de <--
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 12:45:20 pm by doctormord »

Offline MengPeng

• Contributor
« Reply #222 on: December 22, 2014, 04:25:21 pm »
Now I'm playing with the OpenHantek software measuring the 1kHz test signal from the DDS120, and it zips across the screen until I press the space bar.  Then I can see a nice square wave signal, but shouldn't the signal display as a stationary square wave instead of moving (fast!).  I tried adjusting the trigger mode and played around with a few other settings, but maybe I'm missing something?

Also, is OpenHantek the same as Ledioskope or...?  (Since I got the DDS120 to work and am now puzzling through software, maybe I should move this topic to another thread, just let me know!)

Regards,
Cam

Offline doctormord

• Regular Contributor
  • !nop
« Reply #223 on: December 22, 2014, 10:29:31 pm »
Ledioskope is an OpenHantek-hack to work with the DDS120. It lacks of a software-trigger, as the DDS120/140 does not have one in hardware. To have trigger-capabilities, you'd need to stay with the original software atm.

Offline MengPeng

• Contributor
« Reply #224 on: December 23, 2014, 12:19:45 am »
Ok, thanks for the reply! Obviously I've got some learning to do!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf