Author Topic: Service manuals for Analogic function/waveform generators 2030/2045  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Neomys SapiensTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Hello anyone, another topic I need help on:
I own two signal sources from the highly regarded, defunct company 'Analogic Data Precision'

1. Multifunction Waveform Synthesizer 2030
I need a service manual for this instrument, as it does not produce any output

2. Polynomial Waveform Synthesizer 2045
I need a service manual for this beauty too, as it seems that it needs a thorough alignment
For anyone that has never heard of it, it is a 800Msps/s signal source, which has the additional feature, that waveforms can be entered as a formula.

Of course, the usual repositories have been searched. I do not need a operator's manual for those!
Thanks in advance for even looking.

Offline punktart

Re: Service manuals for Analogic function/waveform generators 2030/2045
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 12:36:01 am »
Ow, did you have any luck in finding them yet?

I've got an 2030 with no operation at all and leaking caps and would like to reanimate that. I've found that the Rohde Schwarz 1054.2514.02 Multifunction Waveform Synthesizer AFS seems to be the exact same unit, but had no luck in finding any useful information anyway.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 11:16:56 pm »
No Luck at all.
Singer had the AFS Manual, but has closed shop.
I only know that it also exists under a japanese manufacturer's designation, but in do not know the designation and the manufacturer. I can only guess Anritsu or Kyoritsu or Yokogawa.
In the meantime I also aquired a 2040, which is running but also without documents.

Offline Draco.You

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 03:06:54 pm »
5 yeas ago, I got a 2040B first time, and it displays OMEM ERROR after power on. From that time, I started in looking for service manual or even user manual, but I got nothing except datasheet :-//.
In Jan 2016, I got the sencond 2040B :-DD, but..............................it got the same problem: OMEM ERROR |O |O |O |O
It's really a sad story!
Last week, I took it from corner and try to fix it.
I took  out the mcu board, applied 5V power source to it directly and found the DMA chip MC68440R8 showed much higher temperature than other chips when its power consumption is about 1.1W.
And then, I removed it from the mcu board, restored the board into 2040B, after power on, 2040B showed the same error message.
So after a roughly diagnosis, I think maybe the MC68440 or some ROM chips around it are bad, so the first step is got a reliable MC68440 but it is really a old chip and hard to buy for now.
I decide to replace it by MC68440FN8 and a 68pin PLCC to PGA socket and now waiting for these components...
All the things are sent to try us!

Offline Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 10:14:00 pm »
  Did anyone ever find a manual for any of these? Even an operator's manual?  I just picked up a 2040 today and I'm told that it has problems but I haven't checked it out yet.  There is an operators manual on E-Greed but I'm not about to pay $49.99 for just an operator's manual!

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 01:59:34 am »
  Did anyone ever find a manual for any of these? Even an operator's manual?  I just picked up a 2040 today and I'm told that it has problems but I haven't checked it out yet.  There is an operators manual on E-Greed but I'm not about to pay $49.99 for just an operator's manual!
I have the user manual for the 2045. It is 11MB and a hairy scan, though. Uploaded it to KO4BB, if you need it before it is processed there, I would need an E-mail adress. Manual for the 2030 uploaded too.

Offline Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 06:07:53 pm »
  Thanks Neomys. I found that manual and downloaded it. The 2040 and 2045 appear to be very similar and the main difference seems to be the output levels, so that manual looks like it will be very useful. But now it looks like I'm going to need a service manual too.  I started checking out the 2040 this morning and the output levels are about 221% too high and the frequency is about 121% too fast  :-BROKE Otherwise it all appears to work.

So my next question is; does anyone know how these are calibrated? Since the communications interfaces (RS-232 or HP-IB) are optional on the 2000 and 2020 models, I'm assuming that calibration must be electronic and from the front panel and that the calibration values are stored in NV or battery backed RAM.

Offline Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 06:38:15 pm »
   PS:  has anyone else noticed that their Analogic Waveform Generator doesn't display or generate the same frequency that they enter on the keypad?  If I type in 1000 Hz, it displays 999.680 kHz. I'm guessing that this due to rounding errors in the internal calculations.

Offline gslick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 07:25:01 pm »
While on the subject of Analogic Waveform Generators, does anyone have a copy of the software that would have come with an Analogic DBS 2050A, which is a C Size VXI Instrument Module that is a 2.4 GS/s Dual-Channel Arbitrary Waveform Generator?

It is a register based VXI instrument, not a message based instrument, so a driver that operates on the VXI register interface is necessary to make any use of it. The user manual that I have found online only documents the driver API, not the VXI register interface, and I can't find a copy of the driver software anywhere.

I asked about this here a year or so ago and have come up empty so far.

Offline Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2021, 06:52:23 pm »
   PS:  has anyone else noticed that their Analogic Waveform Generator doesn't display or generate the same frequency that they enter on the keypad?  If I type in 1000 Hz, it displays 999.680 kHz. I'm guessing that this due to rounding errors in the internal calculations.

Well finally some good news. I did some more checking and my 2040 does display the same frequency that I entered but only above about 2.5kHz. But the output frequency is still too high.

Has anyone opened one of these up and checked for bad caps? I'm just wondering if that could be a possibility.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2021, 08:47:02 pm »
  Thanks Neomys. I found that manual and downloaded it. The 2040 and 2045 appear to be very similar and the main difference seems to be the output levels, so that manual looks like it will be very useful. But now it looks like I'm going to need a service manual too.  I started checking out the 2040 this morning and the output levels are about 221% too high and the frequency is about 121% too fast  :-BROKE Otherwise it all appears to work.

So my next question is; does anyone know how these are calibrated? Since the communications interfaces (RS-232 or HP-IB) are optional on the 2000 and 2020 models, I'm assuming that calibration must be electronic and from the front panel and that the calibration values are stored in NV or battery backed RAM.
Well, good luck with the service manual. If you can find one, please upload it too!

Offline eevcandies

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 02:06:50 am »
and the output levels are about 221% too high

Of course, if it expects a 50ohm load & you have a high impedance, you will see a higher voltage (in case that is the reason).  The 2030 seems to have a 50/600 ohm selection. 

Here is a very clean manual of several analogic  models (click on analogic)...sadly , no service
https://www.opweb.de/english/company/Analogic/2045
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 02:32:27 am by eevcandies »

Offline jremar

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2021, 09:35:36 pm »
Hi, sorry to reopen an old topic, but I just found the service manual for the Analogic 2030A on a different forum (music-electronics-forum.com) and thought I'd post it in case anyone needs it in the future! The quality of the schematics aren't great, but certainly seem usable. I had also reached out to the Analogic team about any schematics that they may have held on to over the years, and they were able to send me a few (importantly the Analog Circuit along w/ the CPU Interfacing, and in MUCH better quality, so I'll attach those as well:)

Actually I don't think I can post the Service Manual Since it's > 4MB, So I'll Drop the Hyperlinks Below, and pop in a downsized version.

Reference link for the forum where the service manual was found: https://music-electronics-forum.com/forum/amplification/guitar-amps/maintenance-troubleshooting-repair/51025-test-gear-maintenance-lcd-display-issues-on-analogic-2030-multifunction-waveform-synthesizer

Actual Service Manual PDF Link: https://music-electronics-forum.com/filedata/fetch?id=940833

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens, whisky

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf