Author Topic: Show us your $20 Transistor Tester enclosures and mods (note: lots of pics)  (Read 45666 times)

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
Re: Show us your $20 Transistor Tester enclosures and mods (note: lots of pics)
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2017, 02:19:48 am »
Nice job, pepe. If you have the 3D files online, you can share links to them in your posts.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

The following users thanked this post: pepe10000

Offline Calambres

• Frequent Contributor
    • Piso-Tones
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2017, 08:18:17 am »
Another one from spain  :)

Used a plastic box I had laying around.

The following users thanked this post: pepe10000

Offline pepe10000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2017, 09:05:16 pm »
Nice job, pepe. If you have the 3D files online, you can share links to them in your posts.

Done.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2017, 10:17:19 pm »
Excellent! :-+

Offline TechieTX

• Contributor
I don't have an artistic bone in my body, but someone needs to merge these two designs:

(yeah, the screws are out of it 'cos I'm trying to get it running again, after sitting for 15 years in a box of unused 'stuff')
"No matter where you go, there you are." ~BB

The following users thanked this post: 001

Offline 001

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2018, 07:58:53 am »
I don't have an artistic bone in my body, but someone needs to merge these two designs:

(yeah, the screws are out of it 'cos I'm trying to get it running again, after sitting for 15 years in a box of unused 'stuff')

nice idea

Offline Messtechniker

• Frequent Contributor
  • Old analog audio hand - No voodoo.
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2018, 09:06:39 am »
Attached some pics of the wooden box for my "Transistor Tester" rather "Component Tester". Items on both sides were used to flash the 328 since the firmware is updated so frequently. Lately I have been using the TL 866 instead.
Agilent 34465A, Siglent SDG 2042X, Hameg HMO1022, R&S HMC 8043, Peaktech 2025A, Voltcraft VC 940, M-Audio Audiophile 192, R&S Psophometer UPGR, 3 Transistor Testers, DL4JAL Transistor Curve Tracer, UT622E LCR meter

The following users thanked this post: 001

Offline 001

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2018, 09:50:30 am »
Attached some pics of the wooden box for my "Transistor Tester" rather "Component Tester". Items on both sides were used to flash the 328 since the firmware is updated so frequently. Lately I have been using the TL 866 instead.

Is it PC-connected?

Offline Messtechniker

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2018, 02:48:04 pm »
Is it PC-connected?
Yup. :-+

Screenshot of my proggy enclosed.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 02:53:19 pm by Messtechniker »
Agilent 34465A, Siglent SDG 2042X, Hameg HMO1022, R&S HMC 8043, Peaktech 2025A, Voltcraft VC 940, M-Audio Audiophile 192, R&S Psophometer UPGR, 3 Transistor Testers, DL4JAL Transistor Curve Tracer, UT622E LCR meter

The following users thanked this post: 001, indman

Offline 001

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2018, 05:43:12 pm »
awesome!
how it works?

Offline Messtechniker

• Frequent Contributor
It works by simply taking, and then processing whatever the transistor tester spews out through its serial port. Since this output is very much dependent on the type of display and the firmware version used, I can at the moment not provide a program which will universally run in connection with any transistor tester. There are simply too many variants and different firmware versions around. Some even don't provide a serial output.

Having SCPI-like commands as envisaged for future versions using a 644 of even larger micro will make my program more universal. So we will have to wait and see.

Online indman

• Super Contributor
Messtechniker,  big thanks for the done work and remarkable programs for display and saving the results of measurements for UART.  :-+  At me your programs for resistors, transistors bjt, Jfet, mosfet,opto perfectly work with Fish8840(ATMega328) tester. Did you do updates for these programs? Maybe all of you share the program for capacitors which was shown above?  :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 08:57:42 am by indman »

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
Having SCPI-like commands as envisaged for future versions using a 644 of even larger micro will make my program more universal. So we will have to wait and see.

Please have a look at the remote command feature in 1.33m ;)

The following users thanked this post: bitseeker

Offline Messtechniker

• Frequent Contributor
@ indman
Please find - for size reasons -in your PM the latest version of my capacitance measurung program for the transistor tester. Note: it requires a more recent firmware version. These progs will not be updated since i am planning to follow the route madires just mentioned. This, hopefully, will make updates much easier for me.

@ madires
Thanks for the hint which I am planning to follow up.

Offline Giox040

Hi!
Attached some pics of my "AY-AT" ATmega328 "Component Tester", with ISP connector,  Lythium battery, step-Up converter, USB charger, and Zener expansion.

The following users thanked this post: nicolasCR

Offline vivaT

• Contributor
Here's a tweezer version of the transistor tester made for R/C and diodes. I modified a dc-dc charge board with protection for the battery and needed to change the firmware to BGR from RGB to get the tiny TFT ST7735 128x64 0.9" lcd to work with correct colours. Its pretty accurate using LT1004 and cherry picked 470k, 680 ohm resistors. The rotary switch works very well after i modified the values: Phases 2, Steps 15. It has outputs on the pcb for all three test points plus IR/ PWM and frequency counter for when i get round to adding those options. I kept the programming interface for the regular updates provided by madries on his M firmware. The 7-way LCD ribbon cable was made from silicone sleeve and coloured 0.1mm enameled wire. charging and serial comms are done via mini usb.

The following users thanked this post: edavid, Cliff Matthews, bitseeker

• Super Contributor
Wow, that is really cool! Nicely done.

Offline jdev99

• Regular Contributor
I remixed this case from egil   https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1580922  , to use with the Hiland M644 and a dual 18650 battery holder.
There is also a small switch on the back to switch the battery off.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4584702

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 05:16:00 pm by jdev99 »

The following users thanked this post: edavid

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor

This is the first time ever that i see the display mounted Inside the box and boards mounted Outside  :D
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

• Super Contributor
I remixed this case from egil   https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1580922  , to use with the Hiland M644 and a dual 18650 battery holder.
There is also a small switch on the back to switch the battery off.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4584702

Very nice. What kind of filament did you use?

Offline doniceti

« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2021, 12:50:29 pm »
Hello guys, I am new to the forum, but I used a lot of useful information before registration. I decided it was my turn to help someone. I made a modification of the original Plexiglas case.
1274278-0" alt="" class="bbc_img" />
1274284-1" alt="" class="bbc_img" />
I cut a small piece from the top plate to make it easier to use the ZIF socket, and I also sanded the bottom surface to make it matte - it looks good and makes the LED light not too bright (even annoying).
1274290-2" alt="" class="bbc_img" />
I also cut a piece from broken LCD panel (75x37 mm) and glued it over the display for better protection.
1274296-3" alt="" class="bbc_img" />
The PCB is attached to the front panel with a plastic sleeve instead of metal nuts. The sleeves are slightly longer, but not in the original size. The nuts are placed on the underside of the PCB and the front screws are connected to them. The rear screws are screwed to the same nuts. This makes it easier to remove the back plate to replace the battery.
1274302-4" alt="" class="bbc_img" />
1274308-5" alt="" class="bbc_img" />

« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 12:53:41 pm by doniceti »

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2021, 01:50:17 pm »
Hiland M644, in a standard case, added a SMD device test board with ENIG coating, as I mainly do SMD. Got a spare SMD test board that I probably will do nothing with, so if anyone wants one, PM me.

Offline nicolasCR

very good contribution, thanks, I bought one of these gm328 and would like to make those modifications

Offline xchg.ca

• Contributor
    • Inside Out Electronics Youtube chanel
Here is my 2x18650 Mod for GM328
1539118-0

Vid is here:
https://youtu.be/1lj1IrBzrqU

3D Printable parts are here
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4803320

Offline Substance

The component tester that I have built was created from a salvaged enclosure and two circuit boards. I thought it would be fun to have a mouse wheel, and so I mounted that on the rotary encoder shaft. Converting this box to a component tester, and making sure that all the mechanics would work as intended, was a pleasant part of the project. Next, I will create a ZIF socket adapter that plugs into the three inputs.

The following users thanked this post: edavid, ledtester

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf