Author Topic: Siglent SDS1104X-E - adjustment of relative phase of channels  (Read 1030 times)

Offline bmdalyTopic starter

• Contributor
Hi,

Is there a way to adjust the relative phase of channels on the Siglent SDS1104X-E oscilloscope?
For example, where I have 2 signals on separate channels of the same frequency (or an integer multiple of), but out of phase, I would like to be able to adjust the relative phase displayed so that they overlap in time.
I realise that I could use vertical and horizontal cursors to measure differences in phase and amplitude, but having the signals overlap allows for easier and quicker comparisons.

The "deskew" adjustment seems to offer this, but this is limited to +-100ns, so is of limited use for low frequency signals.

Thanks,
Brian

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS1104X-E - adjustment of relative phase of channels
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 12:33:07 am »
Hi,

Is there a way to adjust the relative phase of channels on the Siglent SDS1104X-E oscilloscope?
For example, where I have 2 signals on separate channels of the same frequency (or an integer multiple of), but out of phase, I would like to be able to adjust the relative phase displayed so that they overlap in time.
I realise that I could use vertical and horizontal cursors to measure differences in phase and amplitude, but having the signals overlap allows for easier and quicker comparisons.
If your 'first' signal is your unchanging reference you can save it as a reference waveform and then by way of trigger settings and the horizontal offset allow you to overlay the 'live' waveform over it.
There's also the Invert channel and if the waveform is more than 180o delayed this might work to get the Deskew adjustment range to work for you.

The "deskew" adjustment seems to offer this, but this is limited to +-100ns, so is of limited use for low frequency signals.
It's intended usage is to null propagation delays from different probes and/or cables and therefore the adjustment range is appropriate for just that use.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: bmdaly

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf