Author Topic: Siglent sds1202X  (Read 1212 times)

Offline CursedTopic starter

Siglent sds1202X
« on: December 12, 2018, 12:31:05 am »
It seems like there's a deal going on for this scope on amazon.ca at 479$ which is cheaper than the sds1202X-E. They show a picture of the SDS1202X-S which is discontinued but this one has the AW generator. I'm about to pull the trigger on it if it has the waveform generator. Is it as good as the X-E version and worth getting and are there any known problems with the X version? I've checked the threads here but there is relatively nothing said about the 1202X or X-S versions. It lists around 250$ more than the XE version. What do you guys have to say?

Offline rhb

• Super Contributor
Re: Siglent sds1202X
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 03:29:14 am »
List on the SDS1202X-E is around $359 US at present from Amazon and others.  While F***Tech are not customer friendly, the AWGs are cheap and if they work, (i.e. you don't get stuck with a V 3.0 FY6600)  they do a good job for a very low price.  There is also the JDS6600.  There is a very long thread on the F***Tech FY6600.

The following users thanked this post: Cursed

Online DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 03:40:19 am »
The SDS1202X is an older model than the SDS1202X-E, and the internal architecture is a bit older so it doesn't have quite the same performance as the SDS1202X-E models, but the SDS1202X+ includes a logic analyzer and wavegen.

While the older X and X+ models are decent scopes with perfectly reasonable performance, the X-E series scopes offer more customization and flexibility and thanks to the their different CPU, are a fair bit faster in terms of usability and if you spring for the 4 channel model can be configured with a wave gen or logic analyzer.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 04:35:02 am »
The SDS1202X is an older model than the SDS1202X-E, and the internal architecture is a bit older so it doesn't have quite the same performance as the SDS1202X-E models, but the SDS1202X+ includes a logic analyzer and wavegen.

While the older X and X+ models are decent scopes with perfectly reasonable performance, the X-E series scopes offer more customization and flexibility and thanks to the their different CPU, are a fair bit faster in terms of usability and if you spring for the 4 channel model can be configured with a wave gen or logic analyzer.
An early version also was SDS1002X-S, they had the internal AWG/wave gen but not the MSO front panel connector.
It's a good sound basic DSO with a nice 8" display and 50 ohm inputs but Decode is an option at additional cost.

If the MSO, 8" display and 50 ohm inputs aren't required the 1202X-E is better buying and more capable mainly due to the fast processor it has.
With the savings instead of buying the SDS1202X-S, put those $ saved towards a standalone AWG would be a better choice particularly for the higher amplitude outputs they provide.

@Cursed
For just a few $ more the SDS1104X-E is a far more capable scope, even more than the cheaper SDS1202X-E if you can overlook the higher BW.
While I haven't got any SDS1*02X left now I sold a few and know them fairly well if there's any further you need to know about them.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline CursedTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 08:50:23 pm »
Thank you all for sharing your knowledge. I must admit that my basic needs are for audio frequencies mainly and all of these scopes seem to be light years ahead performance wise. A cheap analog scope would be enough but they are very expensive when we consider their age, mileage and condition. They are priced very closely to DSO scopes so it may be a no brainer to seriously consider them.

I will seriously delve into the sds1104x-e, it is way more than I need but it comes with a warranty and manufacturer support. BW is not at the top of my list but a good scope that will give me years of pleasure and the ability to expand my knowledge base in digital technology. They are all nicely priced, what you can get today is mind boggling.

Again, thank you all for the help you have provided.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf